Simply does not work

Posted by 5551257947425314143 on Dec 19, 2016

To make the long story short, I am heavily Vitamin D3 deficient, with my blood levels dropping to 8-10 mg/nl without taking supplements. I should add that when my blood levels drop below 25 mg/nl, physical symptoms manifest (plaque psoriasis, lack of focus, insomnia, etc.). With a 5.000 IU supplement, they should theoretically be above 40 mg/nl, and above 50 mg/nl with a 7.000 IU supplementation. As such, I am usually taking 6.000 - 7.000 IU, so I bought one pack of Doctor's Best 5.000 IU and one pack of 2.000 IU. My last blood test in August showed Vitamin D3 blood levels around 44 mg/nl. I switched from another brand to Doctor's Best in the second half October, taking one 5.000 IU and one 2.000 IU softgel. By mid November, physical symptoms like those mentioned above had already started manifesting (plaque psoriasis). I took an extra blood test and my Vitamin D3 blood levels had already dropped to 24 mg/nl. Given the very short time and the "inertia" that the fat-soluble Vitamin D3 has, one can simply conclude that the 7.000 IU that I have been supposedly taking were not being getting absorbed at all. It was as if I was taking nothing at all. I switched to yet another product and, with a 10.000 IU daily dose, my blood levels have again risen above 30 mg/nl three weeks later. Therefore, I strongly advise you taking something else.