Best Sellers New Products Super Specials! Product Trials Clearance

Doctor's Best, Best Vitamin D3, 5000 IU, 180 Softgels

Good Amount of Vitamin D3

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Mar 29, 2015

These capsules are small and very easy to swallow. 5,000 IU = 125 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D, has been the right dosage for me all year round, although I am quite small in size. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and now in March 2015 my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. If you found this review helpful, kindly indicate that by clicking on the Yes Button, thank you.

Vitamin D3

Posted by 5710782680031500056 on Aug 23, 2012

While I am taking Vitamin D3, I still deficient in the Vitamin and started taking a higher dose and iHerb.com gives me a better price on the vitamin. It is great.

Small and easy to swallow

Posted by 4683000223110533003 on Dec 11, 2012

These are small and easy to swallow. I like that they are softgel as opposed to dry.

Effective little pill! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Jul 10, 2013

I love the small size of these and my blood work shows that they are working! These are great if you want a smaller bottle. Doctors Best has great products and I love that iherb gets them to me in 2 to 3 days.

Vitamin D3

Posted by Reviewer2328138 on Nov 30, 2011

I can't get as much sun as I'd like as my heart meds are not good with the sun. I figure that 5000 IU is a safe amount to take.