Doctor's Best, Betaine HCL Pepsin & Gentian Bitters, 120 Capsules

Dr's Best Betaine HCI helps digestion

Posted by Reviewer1556071 on Jul 08, 2011

I suffer from heart arrhythmia, which is partly triggered by GERD. Taking a digestive enzyme with meals has made an enormous difference. Dr's Best is a reliable brand and I highly recommend it.

I take these to absorb nutrients better

Posted by Reviewer1557740 on Oct 28, 2011

As a "femme d'un certain age" (48, if you must know), I am assuming that my stomach acid is no longer as strong as it used to be (that's what you read, at least). I take these to try and ensure that I absorb nutrients better and don't waste the good food I make for myself and my family. When I run out of them, I do feel the difference, so I've already re-ordered these several times. I can definitely recommend them, particularly if you are low in magnesium. You need strong stomach acid to absorb magnesium, so I sometimes even take these on an empty stomach (just one capsule) when I take my Dr's Best High Absorption magnesium between meals. With meals which are high in fat and/or protein, I sometimes take two. Oh, and I also like the fact that these also contain the gentian bitters. I sometimes use a liquid bitter and they do help to calm your stomach if you've had a heavy meal. So, five stars for this one, too!!!

Does wonders for me.

Posted by Reviewer1876891 on Apr 11, 2012

I have trouble digesting most everything, nothing helped, not even digestive enzymes. The very first time I took this product I noticed an immediate improvement with digestion: much less gas, gurgling, and discomfort (taken at the onset of meals for the best effect) and the price is very reasonable. Too it bulks up the stool (especially important if you suffer from IBS), which in turn massages the walls of the colon and picks up old fecal matter that may have got lodged. This product seems to have healed a lot of my stomach problems as GI health has improved dramatically.

Great formula with Bitters to Stimulate Your Own Stomach Acid Production

Posted by Reviewer2588465 on Aug 01, 2013

Many people with heartburn or GERD don't realize that what they probably have is too little stomach acid resulting from either a mineral deficiency (magnesium is commonly deficient and necessary for proper stomach acid production) OR maybe an H Pylori infection (which is quite common and tends to damage stomach acid producing cells in the stomach - plus they produce an alkaline substance to protect itself from the acid.) I've learned that the sphincter between the stomach and the esophagus requires sufficient stomach acid to actually close, allowing what they do have to splash and spill where it isn't wanted! I've been using this stuff as my stomach heals after eradication of a severe H Pylori infection. It takes a while for your stomach to repair itself and resume proper stomach acid production...a long while. But, as I take this stuff, my stomach produces more and more on it's own (provided I get enough magnesium and other trace minerals - which I'm sure to do with the himalayan pink salt I use instead of table salt.)

Betaine hcl

Posted by Reviewer1034218 on Oct 14, 2008

Great for getting the ph back in order, can eat meat and fats.