Doctor's Best, SAMe 400, Double-Strength, 30 Enteric Coated Tablets

TALC is an ingredient!

Posted by Reviewer1843019 on Feb 01, 2012

I have not used this product but I was ready to try it until I read all the ingredients listed. There are numerous chemicals including TALC which is a known carcinogen. I have contacted the Dr. Best company and waiting to hear back from them. The ingredients listed as "other" do not appear safe and I would be very concerned about ingesting these. It's a joke that one would trade off one problem for another like, cancer or liver toxicity.

great product

Posted by estranged on Jan 14, 2009

I have tried various products for my depression like st.john's wort, 5-htp, rhodiola rosea etc. But none of them worked for me. SAMe works as effectively as a prescription antidepressant but the effects are more natural and it has no side effects. I began to feel better on the 6th day using it.

REALLY works!

Posted by Reviewer1693047 on May 17, 2009

My husband had his meniscus removed in his left knee a year and a half ago. This is the ONLY product that has helped with the pain he has had since. He's also feeling the mild anti-depressant effects and has been able to stop taking his other medications. AWESOME.

Great for moods and liver problems

Posted by Reviewer1719446 on Jan 23, 2008

I've been taking SAM-e for about five years now for both moods and liver disease. I take from 400 to 800 mgs. per day. I do not take drs. prescriptions and think SAM-e has been very very helpful. I first heard about it at a Hep C meeting. My liver panels are very close to normal and I do not suffer depression any longer and I'm 66 years old. I honestly believe I've been able to control my mood swings with SAM-e.

Helps relieve fibromyalgia symptoms

Posted by Reviewer2781095 on Jan 19, 2008

I have used SAM-e for years to heal my liver from effects of chronic Epstein Barr and to control symptoms of fibromyalgia which RX anti-depressants & painkillers don't touch: brain fog,glass bubble effect, chronic hunger. Doctor's Best is top quality in this area and the prices can't be beat.