Doctor's Best, SAM-e 400, Double-Strength, 30 Enteric Coated Tablets

great product

Posted by estranged on Jan 14, 2009

I have tried various products for my depression like st.john's wort, 5-htp, rhodiola rosea etc. But none of them worked for me. SAMe works as effectively as a prescription antidepressant but the effects are more natural and it has no side effects. I began to feel better on the 6th day using it.

REALLY works!

Posted by Reviewer1693047 on May 17, 2009

My husband had his meniscus removed in his left knee a year and a half ago. This is the ONLY product that has helped with the pain he has had since. He's also feeling the mild anti-depressant effects and has been able to stop taking his other medications. AWESOME.

Helps relieve fibromyalgia symptoms

Posted by Reviewer2781095 on Jan 19, 2008

I have used SAM-e for years to heal my liver from effects of chronic Epstein Barr and to control symptoms of fibromyalgia which RX anti-depressants & painkillers don't touch: brain fog,glass bubble effect, chronic hunger. Doctor's Best is top quality in this area and the prices can't be beat.

Great for moods and liver problems

Posted by Reviewer1719446 on Jan 23, 2008

I've been taking SAM-e for about five years now for both moods and liver disease. I take from 400 to 800 mgs. per day. I do not take drs. prescriptions and think SAM-e has been very very helpful. I first heard about it at a Hep C meeting. My liver panels are very close to normal and I do not suffer depression any longer and I'm 66 years old. I honestly believe I've been able to control my mood swings with SAM-e.

Jury is still out

Posted by Reviewer2057276 on Apr 19, 2008

I began by taking one pill each morning. After three days I became violently ill. Thought perhaps something else may have caused this, so I continued to take the SAM-e and continued to be sick. The package insert said may experience "mild gastrointestinal irritation". Nothing about what I experienced was mild!! I decided to try taking one tablet every other day and so far that has helped. No more stomach issues...yippee! I would recommend that people start out on the lower dosage product and build up to the higher dosage...just to be on the safe side.