Doctor's Best, Extra Strength Ginkgo, 120 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

Very good product if you understand how it works

Posted by Honest-Reviews on Aug 17, 2012

I have taken gingko in the past and the reason it works is because of the tryglycerides in Western diets what this supplement essentialy does is help blood reach the brain where required and flow much easier than it normally would when loaded with fat and infalmmation. A strong supplement which reverses many ailments connected with improper blood flow to the brain along with this company being a favourite of mine as their products always seem to do the job.

Helps

Posted by Reviewer1557027 on Apr 25, 2014

It does seem to give me some relief from Tinnitus.

Doctor's Best, Extra Strength Ginkgo - Good for memory, but beware of its blood-thinning capability

Posted by Thoughtful-Reviews on Feb 08, 2014

My mama (in law) would badger me about this whenever her stock is about to run out. She says her memory has improved a lot since she started taking this. I introduced it to her and my papa (in law, RIP, bless his soul) 2 years ago. And they have been regular ever since. I used to take ginkgo but I stopped because I found out that I easily bleed as manifested when my nose bleeds. (Ginkgo has blood-thinning effects.) Maybe because of the dosage 120mg. I don't remember my nose bleeding when I take the other Ginkgo at 60mg. But, I notice that even mild ASA 81 mg (baby aspirin) taken 2 days straight would make my nose bleed. So for now, I only take it once in a while. But my momma, takes it every day with no adverse effects, and she's already 89! Just a precaution, if you are reading this, observe first how your body responds to ginkgo as every body is different. Still, I rate this product highly. So does my in laws. >>> To get more /Nuggets and Tips/ on products me and my family have actually bought and used... ... Click the link above [[Posted By Thoughtful-Reviews]]. Thanks for reading! <<<"

Not Sure

Posted by SherryB on Aug 23, 2012

I did not use this supplement long enough to really tell if it improved my mental clarity. For some reason, it increased my back pain and I had to stop taking it. I am super sensitive to anything that might increase or decrease my chronic inflammation. I am guessing that this had some undesired effect on my body chemistry. I have no major complaints though about the product other than personally it did not seem to agree with me. I wish I could give more feedback, but I wanted to be honest. Doctor's Best does make good products.

No effects

Posted by Reviewer1716993 on Jan 01, 2013

After taking one each day for two weeks, I cannot notice any effect at all. I am a 40+ healthy male, and I wanted to try if these could increase my concentration. I read about a study that shows that Ginkgo does not have any effect on healthy individuals: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/09/120924080513.htm , and neither does it seem to increase cognitive function in MS patients: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-09/lsuh-lrf091112.php For those of you that notice positive effects, great, but I cannot notice any difference. What I know works very well, though, is regular excercise and a good nights sleep: the effect on concentration is noticeable.