Have HEALTH ALEART FOR CUSTOMERS OVER 25: Don’t waste your money on this product. Buy the best value for money and best selling fully reduced ubiquinol (Product Number: HOG-36467 or HOG-36469) instead

Posted by My-Review-Page on Oct 09, 2013

Some reviewers’ very informative reviews prompted me to conduct my own Internet search on ubiquinone vs. ubiquinol. I did find the same comment made by Dr Mercola (“If you're over 25, you should use the reduced ubiquinol formula to help you absorb the CoQ10 you need.”). The following statements are from Wikipedia: Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) exists in three redox states, fully oxidized (ubiquinone), partially reduced (semiquinone or ubisemiquinone), and fully reduced (ubiquinol). The antioxidant action of ubiquinol is now considered to be one of the most important functions in cellular systems. Ubiquinol is the antioxidant form of CoQ10 and is essential for mitochondrial synthesis of energy. It is the only known lipid-soluble antioxidant that is endogenously synthesized, protecting biological membranes against lipid peroxidation as well as regenerating other antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Published clinical and experimental research shows that ubiquinol affects cardiovascular health, neuronal metabolism, renal health, and genes related to lipid/lipoprotein metabolism and inflammation. Since the ubiquinol form has two additional hydrogens, it results in the conversion of two ketone groups into hydroxyl groups on the active portion of the molecule. This causes an increase in the polarity of the CoQ10 molecule and may be a significant factor behind the observed enhanced bioavailability of ubiquinol. Orally, ubiquinol exhibits greater bioavailability than ubiquinone: 150 mg per day of ubiquinol in a softgel resulted in peak blood values of 3.84 mcg/ml within 28 days.

Good COQ10.

Posted by SmartHealth on Jun 23, 2012

This products offer value for money. It has bioperine which helps with absorption.I take it for Cardio support. When you feel breathlessness, this comes handy together with Hawthorn (200 mg x 2). For maintainance, I take 200 mg per day but I take as much as 800 mg/day when I felt breathlessness. Whne you don't feel the impact, it means you don't take enough! Ubiquinol also can be used but much more expensive. I stay with COQ10- valu for money.

good product

Posted by 5735530019630868121 on Apr 15, 2013

great for the skin and gives me more energy

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

CoQ10 is an critcal antioxidant that not only neutralise free radicals, it is also important in energy production (ATP). CoQ10 is mainly found in heart, kidney and liver. CoQ10 also helps the body in many other ways like reducing high blood pressure, cholesterol, reverse neuro,degenerative disease, prevent heart diseases. Our CoQ10 level in our body declines as we age therefore it's important to supplement with this products. CoQ10 is known to be taken as high as 1000mg/day without side effects! For this product, it is very affordable. Doctor's Best has the best pricings and other companies are selling at much higher prices. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. The CoQ10 is pharmaceutical-grade from Japan so the quality is from a good source. One thing to take note is that CoQ10 is fat-soluable therefore it must be taken with meals with fats. In addition, CoQ10 is known to be poor absorbed when taken orally. This product is in the ubiquinone form which means it will still need to be converted to the ubiquinol to be used. If you can also buy ubiquinol but it's much more expensive. Therefore, each pill comes with bioperine which is clincally provided to increase absorption by 31.8%! In addition, bioperine can also aid to increase absorption of other supplements taken at the same time.The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The instruction is to take 1 caps daily. Imo, 1 caps per daily is too little and you are unlikely to feel anything. I would recommend at least 2 caps per days. 3-4 will be ideal and you can really feel the energy boost at this level. If you take 4 per day, this bottle can last a month and it's not pricey for the benefits. Check out my page for more reviews!

good quality product

Posted by Reviewer1698549 on Jun 23, 2012

Purchased for a lady friend of 80 yrs old. She feels a lot better as far as I know.

Works in your heart's favour

Posted by Reviewer2266263 on Oct 02, 2012

After taking the CoQ10 i feel more alert and not so nostalgic as before.

Cheap CoQ10 product with a good quality

Posted by odereviews on Sep 26, 2012

Doctor's Best, High Absorption CoQ10 with BioPerine USP/JP, 100 mg, 120 Veggie Caps deliver pretty good quality with such a low price. Serving size is only once capsule per day. If you are looking for a CoQ10 product, start here. Some reviews say that the capsules are too big, but to be honest, this is pretty much a medium sized at most. I have ordered many iHerb products with much larger capsules/tablets. If you have any allergies, you might wan to read the ingredient list twice, before buying.

Good!

Posted by 5545772585554600667 on Oct 03, 2012

honestly I don't know how to judge this kind of products but it seems good. No too big, easy to swallow.

CoQ10

Posted by Reviewer1187213 on Sep 01, 2011

I have only started taking the Doctor's Best, CoQ10 3 days ago and no noticeable change yet but will update this review in 4 weeks time. I like the fact that the ingredients are enclosed in a non-toxic capsule. The product did arrive in Australia about the time specified on the iHerb.com website; much to my relief since it was my first order with the company. It is now been 8 weeks. My health has improved; sleeping better and without having to get up during the night. I also have a healthy color to my facial skin. I must add that I am also taking LifeExtension Grapeseed Extract.

Subtle increase in energy.

Posted by KillerBunny on Jun 11, 2013

I've been taking this supplement for about 3 months straight now, and I can honestly say that on the average, I haven't really felt a marked increase in energy levels... That is UNTIL I actually exert myself (Go for a run, lift weights, etc.) - In these cases, I have noticed an increase in cardio-vascular capacity. I am able to run longer, and when I do push myself to the point where I need to catch my breath, it takes me much less time to recuperate. Great product, I will continue to use this as part of my regimen.