good product

Posted by 5735530019630868121 on Apr 15, 2013

great for the skin and gives me more energy

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

CoQ10 is an critcal antioxidant that not only neutralise free radicals, it is also important in energy production (ATP). CoQ10 is mainly found in heart, kidney and liver. CoQ10 also helps the body in many other ways like reducing high blood pressure, cholesterol, reverse neuro,degenerative disease, prevent heart diseases. Our CoQ10 level in our body declines as we age therefore it's important to supplement with this products. CoQ10 is known to be taken as high as 1000mg/day without side effects! For this product, it is very affordable. Doctor's Best has the best pricings and other companies are selling at much higher prices. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. The CoQ10 is pharmaceutical-grade from Japan so the quality is from a good source. One thing to take note is that CoQ10 is fat-soluable therefore it must be taken with meals with fats. In addition, CoQ10 is known to be poor absorbed when taken orally. This product is in the ubiquinone form which means it will still need to be converted to the ubiquinol to be used. If you can also buy ubiquinol but it's much more expensive. Therefore, each pill comes with bioperine which is clincally provided to increase absorption by 31.8%! In addition, bioperine can also aid to increase absorption of other supplements taken at the same time.The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The instruction is to take 1 caps daily. Imo, 1 caps per daily is too little and you are unlikely to feel anything. I would recommend at least 2 caps per days. 3-4 will be ideal and you can really feel the energy boost at this level. If you take 4 per day, this bottle can last a month and it's not pricey for the benefits. Check out my page for more reviews!

Very important if you are taking statins!

Posted by NaturalHealthSK on Dec 15, 2014

CoQ10 is a compound that occurs naturally within the cells of the human body. Its main role is to support energy production in our cells and act as an anti-oxidant. As I said, this conditionally essential nutrient is really important if you are taking statins, since these inhibit CoQ10 production in the body, and/or if you have inherited mitochondrial disease, but you might also give it a shot if you are suffering from one of the following: Periodontal disease; Heart problems; Fibromyalgia; Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Migraines; Depression; Hypertension; Huntington’s disease; Parkinson’s disease..and possibly much more, since as an anti-oxidant, it has potential to be helpful in every disease where oxidative stress is increased. There is much more research that has to be done on some of the mentioned health ailments though. As we get older, we are becoming less effective in converting CoQ10 from this form, ubiquinone, to reduced and active form, ubiquinol, so if you are 50+, consider taking active form of CoQ10. Me and my family have only good experiences with this brand, so I definitely recommend this product to you. Price is great too!

good quality product

Posted by Reviewer1698549 on Jun 23, 2012

Purchased for a lady friend of 80 yrs old. She feels a lot better as far as I know.

increased energy

Posted by Reviewer1806442 on Sep 30, 2012

I am 70 yrs and was taking another coQ10. After seeing the positive reviews of this product I decided to try it. I find it is great! Sometimes in the morning I was light headed - that went away with this product and my general energy is improved. Thanks! And, I love iherb. cowpony

Recommended!

Posted by TMarchev on Jul 26, 2013

Good to combine with L-carnitines...

Statin muscle pain

Posted by Reviewer1205125 on Jul 21, 2009

I began taking CoQ10 to stop the muscle pain associated with statin medications. I find this product to completely stop the pain or soreness in muscles by taking one capsule twice a day with meals.

A most important ingredient for heart health

Posted by Team4Health on Nov 12, 2010

Doctor's Best is another fine company at iherb that has a long time history of providing our bodies with the supplements we need. We take this along with at least 6 grams of powdered Vitamin C every day. We take 1 Gram of Vitamin C powder every hour when we have caught an infection. Wipes it out before it can take hold. At 67 years old, these valuable products are keeping me energetic and able to help my husband with our custom cabinetry business.

Doctor's Best, High Absorption CoQ10

Posted by Reviewer3166151 on May 26, 2010

This works to help keep my gums in better condition following radiation therapy to my mouth. Radiation is devastating to oral tissue and gums and and Doctor's Best CoQ10 is the brand that has given me the best results. I did switch brands a while back and my mouth started to hurt again. As soon as I switched back, I got relief quite quickly. Who would have thought! This is supposed to be good for the heart. I use several other Doctor's Best supplements with great success. Thanks I-Herb for the great and fast service.

BioPerine Might not be good

Posted by 5611675280942892361 on Jan 15, 2016

A doctor said to be careful to avoid “bioperine” which is a black pepper extract. Not only does black pepper have a lot of aflatoxins but it also “raises bio-availability” which means it shuts down liver function.