Love it

Posted by Reviewer1759205 on Jul 12, 2010

This has removed what I believed to be social anxiety. that AMAZING as I have lived with social anxiety since being a young kid. No tension when I am in crowded places, meeting new people, having groups of kids run and play and potentially crash into me. I feel blessed.

Recommended for strong bones and mountaineering

Posted by Reviewer2512653 on Feb 16, 2012

Having been convinced by Dr Barnett's research that magnesium deficiency causes osteoporosis, and that magnesium deficiency is very common, I decided three years ago that I would take two 200mg tablets a day. The Doctor's Best tablets are relatively cheap but appear to be a good product. Although they are rather large to swallow they do go down all right, and I have had absolutely no digestive problems as a result of taking them. I take only two food supplements - these and vitamin D - so I am not a pill addict, but I would recommend these to anyone, particularly in later life, who wants to maintain good health for a long time. At the age of seventy I am training for a 24 hour, 30 mile mountain walking challenge with 12,000 ft of climbing including some rock faces, so I reckon I am a pretty good advertisement for strong bones and continuing good health, with some assistance from Doctor's Best!

Goes down easy

Posted by Reviewer1870636 on Jan 07, 2010

This magnesium supplement is 100% chelated, not buffered, with amino acids glysine and lysine. The result is a molecular footprint that does not require digestion, it passes directly into your body. I have had zero side effects from taking this magesium supplement. I take magnesium to improve health at the cell level with particular attention to maintaining a healthy heart. I've been going to the gym for several years and grew accustomed to sore muscles between workouts. Since I started taking this magnesium supplement the soreness has completely disappeared. It is a remarkable change for me. I am sold on the claim that magnesium also improves the ability of muscles to relax.

Good Magnesium product

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 19, 2015

This is a good choice for someone who does not want to take a powdered magnesium or is away from home and taking a powder is too inconvenient. This glycinate/Lycinate form is more absorbable than most other forms and does not have as strong laxative effect. It can have some effect, so just be aware. I have written much about the great benefits of magnesium so I will not go in to it here. But..... I will say most people are now deficient in magnesium due to modern farming practices. You will do well for yourself by taking some amount of a supplement. I like the Dr. Best brand. They do not manufacture their products but they source from good quality companies and put together well thought out products. Their pricing is usually reasonable too. To see my favorite magnesium product that is highly absorbable go to my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. You will see many other value added reviews. If you found this helpful kindly click on the YES button. Peace and good health.

Easy on the stomach

Posted by Reviewer2884447 on Sep 29, 2009

I take 2 tablets at night before going to bed. Helps reduce muscle pains and consequently helps me sleep. My Dr. recommended Magnesium Glycinate over other forms because it is easily absorbed and doesn't cause loose stools. Works for me.

IT IS FREAKING AWESOME

Posted by panaceaspecialist on Mar 21, 2014

I feel completely relaxed, this is the true magnesium with very high absorption ratio (not like oxide and carbonate that have about 4% absorption ratio). This is the best, and the most needed body nutrient, good for heart "skips", good for muscle relaxation, good for many more things. I feel like I took some type of benzodiazepine based pill. I have huge problem with anxiety, this is just amazing, I can not commend any more this product. 10/10. I divided the dosage, and I take 1 tablet every 5-6 hours. The effect is better, at least for me. MY ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION ARE GONE, JUST FOUR DAYS AFTER STARTING ON THIS AMAZING STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best magnesium chelate supplement

Posted by Reviewer2561790 on Dec 29, 2012

I found this a great supplement to increase my low levels of magnesium in my body. Don't get discouraged if you don't get immediate results- it took 3 weeks for me to notice any difference in my health. My blood pressure has lowered to normal, I feel calmer and more in control ( I'm a worry wort type of person ) I'm sleeping more than before at night, my energy level has increased and I'm sure that the longer I take it the better my results will be and I'll also be able to lower my dose that I take. Right now I take 2 x 5 tablets a day (m total of 10 a day ) to help increase my low levels of magnesium. I've also found this product is excellent to get rid of headaches and migraines but you have to keep on taking 2 capsules at a time frequently to get rid of the headaches and migraine. I highly recommend this supplement as one of the basics to take for your health along with a good vitamin/ mineral suppliment

Got to try to Believe

Posted by Reviewer2312168 on Jun 11, 2010

If you have arthritis or rheumatism in your joints, for me it was my knees, you have to try this supplement. I having endured 5 knee surgeries and 1 reconstruction I have suffered with swelling and painful joint movement where it was almost unbearable to do anything for any length of time. But after taking this supplement, in just 4 days, the difference was just unbelievable. No pain, this was better than any aspirin, IB, Motrin, or pain killers I can remember trying that gave me this much pain relief and allowed me to have movement back in my knees to the fullest extent. Please just try it, it will be the best thing that ever happened to you, I wish I had come across this 40 years ago with my first surgery.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Magnesium is one of the most overlooked mineral thanks to its brother, Calcium. In fact, magnesium is more important than calcium. Without magnesium, calcium will be useless. Both worked complimentarily. Most people today take too much calcium and too little magnesium due to the calcium hype. Most people take in the ratio of 1 magnesium: 5 to 10 calcium!. The optimum should be 1:1 ratio. Magnesium is involved over 300 metabolic functions! Calcium helps the muscle to contract whereas magnesium helps the muscle to relax. Magnesium helps to control our heartbeat, helps to relieve muscle tension, various nervous systems issue such as sensitivity, restlessness, helps to make bone strong, helps to reduce cancer, fight obesity and more. Most magnesium products are poor absorbed by the body. This product uses magnesium glycinate / lysinate chelate which is the most bioavailable magnesium, other than food based magnesium. Food magnesium is the best. However, it is costly and low in dosage. So it is the next best alternative. The tablets are vegetarians, not too big and comfortable for swallowing. The daily recommended dosage is 2 tablets twice daily (800mg) which is just about right. The price is reasonable for a 2 month supply. It is best taken with food since most food these days comes with added calcium. Calcium cannot be absorbed without magnesium! The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Check out my page for more reviews!

Magnesium deficiency

Posted by Reviewer2996121 on Sep 01, 2009

After researching my various ailments on the internet (chest tightness during the night, leg and foot cramps, constipation)I discovered that I probably had a magnesium deficiency. I have taken calcium supplements for many years, but found that I have not been taking the proper ratio of magnesium. I began taking Doctor's Best chelated magnesium, and within two weeks, all of my problems had disappeared. My 84 year old mother is now taking it for night heart palpitations (now eliminated) and insomnia. It is a terrific product!