Great magnesium, but mag citrate equally effective and cheaper

Posted by Reviewer1428185 on Jan 20, 2012

All magnesium supplements are not created equal. Before I tried this, I was taking NOW Foods magnesium citrate. Prior to that I was taking magnesium oxide. The oxide form did nothing at all. Both the citrate and this (glycinate/lycinate) form have done AMAZING things for me. I take at least 3 per day, with meals. I no longer have painful muscle spasms in my feet, or muscle twitches in my face. It relieves my menstrual cramps, loosens my tight neck, shoulder, and back muscles that cause headaches if I do not take enough. After having so many benefits from magnesium citrate, I thought I'd try this magnesium glycinate/lysinate form, to see if it was more potent and might allow me to take fewer tablets. I've actually found it to work exactly the same as the NOW mag citrate tablets, for me, and the citrate tablets are cheaper. But this form does still work, and I still consider it a good product.

Good Product

Posted by NBPT100 on May 19, 2015

Do to modern farming techniques most everyone these days is deficient in Magnesium. You can't go wrong with this product. Dr.'s Best puts out quality products. The USDA recommendations for Mag intake is very low. People have been convinced they need to take twice as much calcium as magnesium and that is not true. You should take equal amounts and error on the side of taking more magnesium. Some even do well taking twice as much magnesium. I have written much about Magnesium and to see my favorite magnesium product go to my iHerb home page. If you liked this write up kindly click the yes button. Peace and good health!

Very good

Posted by 5316002329607912592 on Dec 03, 2015

My husband was having severe palpitations 24 hours a day. He started taking Doctor's Best and the palpitations stopped within 3 days. I highly reccomend this product!!!

Would Re-Order.

Posted by Reviewer2251071 on Apr 30, 2011

A good size capsule. I did well with these over the period I was nursing a pulled calf muscle. My heart beats felt strong and even. There were no adverse reactions. Although I'm back to taking niacin daily, I'd re-order Doctor's Best, High Absorption Magnesium again.

Effective Joint Relief

Posted by Reviewer2249432 on Mar 22, 2010

Assist joints and muscle pain. Helps also regulate digestive system.

Less muscle cramps

Posted by vitaminpower on Aug 30, 2011

My boyfriend has been suffering from severe muscle cramps in his legs, especially during nights. His problem has almost disappeared since he started taking these pills.

Doctor's Best,High Absorption Magnesium, 100 mg. 120 Tablets

Posted by Reviewer1212967 on Oct 02, 2011

Doctor's Best is a great line of products. This magnesium is very good. If you are running low and need to get this into your system, I reccommend it.

Doctor's Best, High Absorption Magnesium, 100 mg

Posted by Reviewer1858663 on Aug 18, 2011

A very good product. Ordered for a 2nd time. Great price and delivery time.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2073284 on Feb 10, 2011

works well as I take this product 3 times daily, 400mg/dose.

Helps with muscle pain and twitching

Posted by Reviewer2762835 on Aug 04, 2013

As a Lyme disease sufferer, muscle pain and twitching are often part of the multitude of symptoms. This has helped a lot!!! It also helps keep the G.I. tract functioning well. They are however not always easy to swallow as they are large but I get them down to gain the benefits. I'm hoping it will also level out my slightly elevated serum Calcium level.