Doctor's Best, Magnesium, High Absorption, 100% Chelated, 120 Tablets

Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1439442 on Sep 11, 2009

I suffer from RLS and I was prescribed Mirapex by my Doctor. This medicine had horrible side effects and I had to stop taking it. I read in a women's health magazine about your product. I ordered a bottle and have been taking it for about a year. I still have some circulation issues with my legs but it is so much better and no side effects! Before taking the magnesium I could not sleep at night, now I do. I am so grateful for the magazine article. I just want to note that I have tried other brands of magnesium but they do not work the way your product does so thank you for it.

The best

Posted by Reviewer1505102 on Apr 05, 2009

I've tried other Magnesium (including Now brand, which I use often) and they just don't compare. For me, this stuff WORKS for natuarl relaxtion and assists in keeping my blood pressure down. Love it!

blood pressure

Posted by Reviewer2922925 on Jan 16, 2009

Along with other personal changes I made, magnesium helped to lower my blood pressure.

Great magnesium, but mag citrate equally effective and cheaper

Posted by Reviewer1428185 on Jan 20, 2012

All magnesium supplements are not created equal. Before I tried this, I was taking NOW Foods magnesium citrate. Prior to that I was taking magnesium oxide. The oxide form did nothing at all. Both the citrate and this (glycinate/lycinate) form have done AMAZING things for me. I take at least 3 per day, with meals. I no longer have painful muscle spasms in my feet, or muscle twitches in my face. It relieves my menstrual cramps, loosens my tight neck, shoulder, and back muscles that cause headaches if I do not take enough. After having so many benefits from magnesium citrate, I thought I'd try this magnesium glycinate/lysinate form, to see if it was more potent and might allow me to take fewer tablets. I've actually found it to work exactly the same as the NOW mag citrate tablets, for me, and the citrate tablets are cheaper. But this form does still work, and I still consider it a good product.

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1499622 on Jan 23, 2012

There is a lot of conflicting info out there about how likely (or unlikely) it is that the average person will benefit from magnesium, but iHerb.com has it at such a good value that if you think you MIGHT benefit, it's worth trying. I bought this brand (Doc's Best) and another brand (Now Foods Mag. Citrate softgels) in a desperate attempt to alleviate insomnia, since many have said that it can have a mild sedative effect. It *does* make me more relaxed (I only take it at bedtime - you might want to experiment before trying it during the day), but even better, it seems to have eliminated the back aches that used to wake me up during the night. Even if you don't think you're deficient, magnesium is worth trying if you have a lot of general aches and pains, muscle cramps, or even sleep issues, and Doctor's Best brand works very well.