THIS IS TIME RELEASE NIACIN!!!!!

Posted by 5536595171908109527 on Jul 10, 2015

It does not say so clearly on the bottle- but this is time released niacin which could cause LIVER DAMAGE!!!! I prefer to take the regular fast-acting niacin which does not have those side effects!!!!

A basic niacin

Posted by Reviewer1612446 on Apr 24, 2015

This is just a basic niacin. The tablets are reasonably small, which is nice.

Take Niacin to raise HDL and lower triclycerides !!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Dec 21, 2013

I have high triglycerides and low HDL. 500mg Niacin is the best treatment for lowering Triglycerides and raising HDL. Since niacin is not a patentable pharmaceutical product, physicians are many times not aware of the value of treating this condition with niacin. . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits (or taste good).

Flush-free?

Posted by Reviewer2060826 on May 25, 2013

I'm switching to another brand, because this sometimes gives me a flush that itches and looks like hives (for about half an hour).

Failed expectations

Posted by 5235944506977842602 on Mar 06, 2013

After one month raised my cholesterol by 2.3, ldl cholesterol up by 1.8 and hdl cholesterol by .1, triglycerides went up by 4.0 for this experiment for one month made no other changes apart from taking this niacin. After this going back to vytorin. :(

excellent

Posted by bobbienorthern on Dec 27, 2012

I take this without food and so I do feel a slight flush which feels good to me.

Definitely a "flush"

Posted by Reviewer1697303 on Nov 20, 2012

Took me a while to work out that the rapid onset, short duration, blotchy pink/red, raised, prickly rash across my face, neck, shoulders and upper arms was from the Niacin. It only lasts about 1/2 hour but is a little uncomfortable and doesn't look too attractive. When I don't take the Niacin for a while, there is no flushing. Withing days of recommencing, these random rashes reappear at will though not every day.

This does flush!

Posted by Reviewer2164723 on Sep 02, 2012

This isn't flush free - I get a definite flush from it, sometimes quite pronounced.

I take for HDL

Posted by DeanaS on Mar 19, 2012

I take one with breakfast and one with dinner to help increase HDL.

Doctors Best, Real Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1017130 on Dec 22, 2011

It has a warm tingling sensation the first week or so, not unpleasant though. Let's me know it does its job. will orderr it again

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »