New To iHerb?

Doctor's Best, SAMe 400, Double-Strength, 30 Enteric Coated Tablets

Reviews 5-star

Ahhh Found it !

Posted by Reviewer3003083 on Nov 01, 2010

I recently went off Prozac....I just slept All the time. I decided to try some Sam-e. Unfortunately, I tried three other brands before Doctor's best. The others made me sleep...I was neither happy or sad...just sleepy. Dr. Best was the only one that made me perk up and WANT to do things...I'm not exaggerating ...I guess everyone's brain is different and we all have different reactions . This one is the one for me...Finally I found my match. If I could give this product 6...8..20 stars...I would.

The best SAM-e!

Posted by Reviewer2647370 on Jul 01, 2008

I have had amazing results with Dr's Best SAM-e. I chose it because it is double strength and is the genuine SAM-e from Italy. Within 10 days I started to notice a lift in my mood and less anxiety. After a month, I felt like a different person. I have never felt this way before in my life. I will continue with it every day. I feel great!

Never Take Sam-e without Vitamins B-complex

Posted by Reviewer1327018 on Nov 07, 2008

I have been taking this over a month now. good results untill one day i felt fast heart beat and short breath. did some study and took B-complex. Made my heart back to normal in minutes. once again, this is an excelent product but do not take it without vitamin B-COMPLEX.

Ridiculously good price

Posted by Reviewer3088906 on Feb 02, 2008

SAMe is ludicrously overpriced, but Doctor's Best outcompetes other brands by far. Clinical studies only show a major benefit at high doses (1200 mg/day), but it can be a remarkably effective antidepressant. I heard this lecture by a psychiatrist on alternative medicine in the treatment of mood disorders -- because patients respond to SAMe so rapidly, she said that she often used it during the early stages of SSRI or other anti-depressant therapy to help patients get relief faster. Response times to SAMe are on the order of around 2 weeks vs the 4 weeks usually required for most other ADs. (NOTE: Talk to your doctor or psychiatrist about using SAMe as an adjuvant to antidepressant therapy, and *definitely* if you plan on using SAMe in place of traditional therapy.)

Wonderful for taking the edge off

Posted by Reviewer3291104 on May 01, 2010

We bought both the 200mg and 400mg dose. We bought both because I worry a lot and that increased with the onset of perimenopause. The SAM-e has helped my whole family. That tightness from worrying is gone - as well as the worrying. When I feel the anxious, I take a 400mg pill. I read in Mind Boosters by Ray Sahelian M.D. that he took 800mg dose throughout the day without side effects. I haven't taken more than 600mg in one day and have not experienced any side effects. SAM-e takes the edge off - like a glass of wine only without the calories and it lasts a lot longer.