Yes, it Works!

Posted by Reviewer3162984 on Apr 11, 2011

Same-e take a week or two to build up, so you should take 3-5 of these per day to start (divided doses/empty stomach). When you feel a difference you can drop back down to a maintenance dose. I find that 400 mg works to maintain my mood. I am able to maintain with just one 400 mg dose rather than 2, 200 mg doses, which makes it easier. A couple of times I tried going off the sam-e, and within about a week I was starting to wake up with the ol' doom & gloom feeling. Needless to say I'm back on the sam-e. And I love the fact that it also keeps my liver healthy and protects against osteoarthritis.

Showed signs of helping....

Posted by Reviewer2272345 on May 17, 2010

I used to take a prescription antidepressant but stopped about 9 months ago due to negative side affects. My friend was taking Sam-E and suggested I try it. While it did help boost my energy and mood it unfortunately made me break out really bad. I would have never put 2 and 2 together until I left the Sam-E at home on a weekend getaway and my pimples all disappeared. When I started taking it again, they came right back.

The doldrums are gone

Posted by Reviewer2977053 on May 11, 2009

This has lifted my mood and boosted my energy, as well as aided my concentration. I wouldn't want to do without it. I take 2 in the morning on an empty stomach.

Need more!

Posted by Reviewer2027897 on Mar 25, 2008

Used this for three months and felt great. Recently ran out of stock and feel tired again. Have just reordered.

Did nothing but make my stomach hurt...

Posted by Reviewer3253799 on Apr 05, 2010

I was really hoping these would help with my mood, but they didn't at all. I was actually in a worse mood while taking them. On top of that, they made my stomach hurt pretty bad. I only took them for a weak, but that was all my stomach could handle. I've taken a lot of other things that have never hurt my stomach like this did.

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1034669 on Mar 27, 2007

Sam-e has been a good supplement for me since it has mood benefits and it helps with my bad knee. This brand offers good benefits with a good price.

I feel like a new person

Posted by Reviewer2842563 on Oct 03, 2009

I had really hit bottom about a month ago. Suffered a severe bout of depression, but cannot tolerate prescription antidepressants. I decided to give SAMe a shot and am happy to report that I am feeling wonderful! The depression has left and my mood feels a ot more balanced. ADHD symptoms have lessened and am finding it a lot easier to focus. I started with 400 mg a day, now take 1,200.

Works quite well

Posted by Reviewer1014818 on Aug 27, 2008

I am the type of person that doesn't notice differences in anything. I started having increased social anxiety and decided to try SAM-e and again I didn't notice anything. Until I forgot to take it. Wow. 400mg in the morning and evening seems to work the best for me. If I start feeling anxiety in the afternoon while taking it, I know it's time to take it down to 200mg twice a day.

dissappointed

Posted by Reviewer1930414 on Jan 08, 2009

i'm not sure why but this sam-e doesnt work like what i bought before..i have to take 2 instead of one cap daily even though its the same strength...i knew the price was too good to be true...

SAM-e is awesome but have to use it with causion!

Posted by Reviewer2990827 on Sep 13, 2011

SAM-e is a very potent activated methionin. Check your Homocystein level before using this. If its high, using TMG is much better, cause their is almost enouth potentially SAM-E in your cycle... just need to spin it (you can use Zink, TMG, B6, Folate and B12). 400mg is huge dose... it stimulates me too much and it also accumulate over time... thats the second reason why sam-e is hard to handle. Even with 100mg every day im nervous. So its a not easy to find the right dose, but its helps me with depression, pain and fatigue much better then 5-HTP, Mucuna, p5p, Zink, Melatonin, tyrosin, q10 and so on. First day on SAMy was terrible - 400mg was to high dose.