Great Brand

Posted by Reviewer2519351 on Jan 06, 2009

I've tried others, and they are not as effective as Doctor's Best. Accidentally ordered a different brand of Sam-E a couple of months ago, could really tell the difference. I use in place of prescription antidepressants under care of physician (was on Wellbutrin and couldn't tolerate side effects). As I side note, I hate generic warnings but from personal experience, don't quit prescription antidepressants (especially cold turkey) without telling your doctor.

Another 5 Star for Dr's Best SAM-e

Posted by mozzer on Jun 23, 2015

What more can I say? Update 6/23/15 - I now use 3 at a time in the morning. Over the years I have found synergy with R-lipoic acid. I use 1 cap Life Extension Super R Lipoic and 3 of SAM-e and this is works very well in terms of motivation, getting focused at work, more resilience, better thought processes in general. I eat a meal one hour or so after this and take some up to 3 grams of DHA. All of these together make a 5000% positive improvement in my mental ability. All of these ingredients are very neuro protective. Much great health to you!

good value, effective, but...

Posted by happyherbs on Nov 29, 2012

Very effective mood lifter, but I found the amount here too strong for me overall and this created anxiety and insomnia as a result (now I take 50-100mg only, or take Trimethylgyciene (TMG) instead depending (http://www.raysahelian.com/trimethylglycine.html)), would be good if you want fast results, but be careful taking this amount initially in case of unexpected results or if you have Bipolar in your family. Oh and definitely don't take this at the same time as taking antidepressants! Dr Ray Sahelian has some great balanced info on SAMe here that you may find helpful: http://www.raysahelian.com/sam-e.html (don't buy it from him though, iherb is cheaper ;) )

Promising item

Posted by Reviewer2211299 on Oct 29, 2009

I have been using this product for about 6 weeks. I started with 400 mg, then went to 800 mg, and today began 1200 mg per day without food. Results are not consistent. Some days are better than others, but generally I believe that Sam-e offers some relief from the chronic pain of arthritis. As far as depression is concerned, I have noticed some minimal improvement.

Felt weird, major depression episode once stopped this after 2 weeks.. didn't work for me

Posted by theveryblonde on Jan 30, 2015

I was very hopeful for SAMe, but the way I felt made me not continue taking it. I noticed positive mood after 3 days taking it, after 2 weeks taking 400 mg per day I started feeling weird, my mood was up but I was anxious and kind of spaced, not feeling myself. This freaked me out because I had such effect after taking some SSRI years ago and I hated such feeling. When I stopped taking this I felt terrible, I had about a week of painful depression.Maybe also my PMS symptoms before period had impact, but I knew it was not only PMS, I never felt this bad before period. I was so desperate and sad that it hurt. My heart was also pumping like crazy. Maybe I should have continued taking it for at least 1 month, but it just didn't feel right. Now I'm afraid to take it again.

can not tell that it has helped

Posted by Reviewer1557027 on May 15, 2008

I can not tell that this has helped in anyway. I won't be buying this product again

Horrible Reaction

Posted by Reviewer1532437 on Jul 28, 2009

I started SAM-e Nature Made about a month and a half ago. It worked fantastically for me, probably the best anti-depressant I have ever taken. However the cost was sorta high, and trying to save money I ordered Dr.Best instead. About a week after taking 1600 mg's (same dose as nature made) I broke out in a very bad rash and hives all over my face, chest, stomach, and back. It has been about 12 days now, and after a ER visit, 3 tubes of hydrocortisone, 3 boxes of benadryl, and a massive dose of prednisone I am still recovering from it. It was very painful not to mention embarrasing, my face looked pockmarketed, and had these huge red raised blotch's on it. If this works for you great, but personally I think it is an inferior product and would never try it again!

Doc's Best SAM-e

Posted by Reviewer1027411 on Feb 04, 2008

SAM-e is an awesome product for depression and joint problems. Doctor's Best offers the best price I've been able to find.

really helps

Posted by Reviewer1007632 on Dec 02, 2010

A friend told me about Sam-e, I had never heard of it. I have been overwhelmed with life events and was really struggling to keep mentally engaged in life. After two weeks of taking this I can honestly say that I feel happy and ready to deal with life. I will continue to take it. I wonder why I haven't heard of it before now. Seems like most people could benefit from this.

awesome product

Posted by Reviewer1290551 on May 14, 2009

brilliant product , will buy again and again and again , help me out with anxiety