Used against Lyme depression/anxiety

Posted by Reviewer2096995 on Jan 12, 2010

This has been the most helpful product, aside from magnesium, to help with the extreme depression, anxiety and cognitive problems associated with my lyme disease. It is important to note that I take it with Acetyl-L-Carnitine to significantly boost its effect.

Great for joints and mood

Posted by philosophicalcat on Oct 10, 2010

I take this to manage arthritis. This works synergistically with glucosamine, chondroitan, MSM, B vitamins, and zinc. It assists calcium/magnesium, D3 and zinc with bone strengthening. The mood enhancement is a wonderful bonus.

Promising item

Posted by Reviewer2211299 on Oct 29, 2009

I have been using this product for about 6 weeks. I started with 400 mg, then went to 800 mg, and today began 1200 mg per day without food. Results are not consistent. Some days are better than others, but generally I believe that Sam-e offers some relief from the chronic pain of arthritis. As far as depression is concerned, I have noticed some minimal improvement.

good value, effective, but...

Posted by happyherbs on Nov 29, 2012

Very effective mood lifter, but I found the amount here too strong for me overall and this created anxiety and insomnia as a result (now I take 50-100mg only, or take Trimethylgyciene (TMG) instead depending (http://www.raysahelian.com/trimethylglycine.html)), would be good if you want fast results, but be careful taking this amount initially in case of unexpected results or if you have Bipolar in your family. Oh and definitely don't take this at the same time as taking antidepressants! Dr Ray Sahelian has some great balanced info on SAMe here that you may find helpful: http://www.raysahelian.com/sam-e.html (don't buy it from him though, iherb is cheaper ;) )

It works for me, but be aware of the wind!!

Posted by 5291935700964908654 on Nov 26, 2013

I live in England and we have nothing like SAMe 400. I suffer with very bad arthritis in both hands, elbows, wrists and feet. I have painful steroid injections and the Doctor wants me to start a tablet with horrendous side effects. I have been taking this SAMe tablet for a month and have just ordered another box. I already feel the benefit with my arthritis. Its winter here so I am very surprised at how little pain I am having with my joints. During the first 3 weeks of taking the tablet, it effected my tummy quite badly. I was so full of wind that I couldn't place myself in a social situation!!! I had to stay home. I put up with it and by week 4 it is a lot more manageable. A small price to pay for pain free hands and feet. It hasn't had any effect on my mood as yet. I am still a grumpy short tempered soul! But I am hoping that it will. I have found out today that this tablet works so much better if taken with B6 and B12 vitamins at the same time. So I have ordered some and will keep you all posted. Also I am going to try a new joint gel called Flexiseq. Once again, I cant get it in the UK so I am having to get it from Germany. But it has great reviews. Thank you.

can not tell that it has helped

Posted by Reviewer1557027 on May 15, 2008

I can not tell that this has helped in anyway. I won't be buying this product again

Horrible Reaction

Posted by Reviewer1532437 on Jul 28, 2009

I started SAM-e Nature Made about a month and a half ago. It worked fantastically for me, probably the best anti-depressant I have ever taken. However the cost was sorta high, and trying to save money I ordered Dr.Best instead. About a week after taking 1600 mg's (same dose as nature made) I broke out in a very bad rash and hives all over my face, chest, stomach, and back. It has been about 12 days now, and after a ER visit, 3 tubes of hydrocortisone, 3 boxes of benadryl, and a massive dose of prednisone I am still recovering from it. It was very painful not to mention embarrasing, my face looked pockmarketed, and had these huge red raised blotch's on it. If this works for you great, but personally I think it is an inferior product and would never try it again!

fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2798220 on May 01, 2009

I give this to my husband for joint pain and anxiety. He seems to benefit, which is great for him and for the whole family!

awesome product

Posted by Reviewer1290551 on May 14, 2009

brilliant product , will buy again and again and again , help me out with anxiety

COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT

Posted by Reviewer2970759 on Apr 08, 2009

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. IT HAS HELPED ME IS SO MANY WAYS. I WAS HAVING DIFFICULT CHANGE OF LIFE AT AN EARLY AGE. IT TRULY SAVED ME. IT HANDLES MY EMOTIONS AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW.