Do *not* take with food!

Posted by Reviewer2078022 on Apr 16, 2008

The directions on the bottle are incorrect. As stated in the official prescribing information for strontium ranelate (sold as a drug in Europe), strontium must be taken on an empty stomach (not "with or without food" as stated on the bottle), or else absorption will be dramatically decreased. The directions *are* correct when they say it should not be taken at the same time as a calcium supplement.

Strontium works

Posted by Reviewer2100148 on Nov 29, 2007

I started on Doctor's Best strontium, along with calcium, after I was diagnosed with osteopenia in my hips and osteoporosis in my lumbar spine. After seven months, a new bone scan showed the osteoporosis had improved to the level of osteopenia, and the osteopenia had moved into the normal range.

Strontium Bone Maker

Posted by Reviewer3273713 on Oct 15, 2007

My bone density readings kept going down every year until I started using this product. Now I'm out of the osteoporosis range and into the osteopenia range--a real improvement. This happened after only one year on the product.

This actually works.

Posted by Reviewer2918704 on Sep 21, 2008

My Dexa scan went from Osteopenia to Low Normal in 8 months. Other friends on this, went from osteoporosis to Osteopenia in 7 months.

Best Partner for Calcium

Posted by Reviewer2037323 on Jan 03, 2008

My osteopenia has been stopped in its tracks! The strontium with my calcium and vitamin D has been the winning combination. Thank You!!

In 7 months better T score

Posted by Reviewer3106843 on Apr 14, 2008

I started taking this instead of Boniva in June of 2007. Boniva gave me such heartburn, I couldn't eat anything without having heartburn, even oatmeal, and toast were causing it. The PA at my doctor's office, just gave me Prevacid, to "cover" up the symptom, and kept me on Boniva when the blood test came back normal. However, the heartburn didn't stop, niether did the difficulty swallowing the first few days after taking my monthly dosage. So, I needed an alternative, and this product was it. I had my 2nd bone density scan in January. My first one, my T-score was a 2.1 Osteopina, my second scan in January, was 1.3. So, it indeed works, and I did still take my vitamin D and calcium. The best part...no more heartburn or trouble swallowing. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is having difficulty with a prescription medication.

Recommend this product very highly.

Posted by Reviewer1053901 on Apr 09, 2010

I have been using Doctor's Best Strontium Bone Maker on and off for some time. After having lost 4" in my height, and being diagnosed with osteoporosis, I decided it was time to get serious about my bones. I cannot take all these prescription drugs, as I have side effects from them. I read where they had conducted a test with Strontium and the results were amazing. After 2 months of taking Strontium one hour before breakfast in the morning and Calcium in the evening, I have gained back 1" in my height. Also, the hump in my back is beginning to straighten. I recommend this product to anyone who has bone loss.

review for strontium

Posted by Reviewer3171309 on Feb 05, 2009

My bone density results showed an increase of 3% in my spine and a 1% increase in my hips after 4 months of taking Strontium Bone Maker

MUST TRY THIS

Posted by Reviewer2359225 on Mar 03, 2009

Had hip pain for months & found on dexa scan to have osteoporosis. Being a nurse(54 years old)I would not use fosamax or others like it. Started strontium & within a month the hip pain is gone! Will have to wait approx year & a half to re-check dexa scan but it is very promising!

Strontium Bone Maker

Posted by Reviewer1323053 on Feb 23, 2009

I have advanced osteoporosis, and this is a part of my treatment program. I do NOT use anything like Fosamax, etc. My last bone density test showed I had an increase in bone mass. I'm glad this product is available.