Doctor's Best, Strontium Bone Maker, 340 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

use of strontium in osteoporosis treatment

Posted by Reviewer2336141 on May 17, 2009

I have shown improvement in bone growth. I have gone from osteoporosis to osteopenia using this product.

Doctor's Best Strontium

Posted by Reviewer1492280 on Oct 31, 2011

I have been taking these for several years and my DEXA scans have improved a little each time. My doctor wanted me to take Fosamax or Boniva and I tried both and I hated the reactions. I found this product and started taking them along with Vit K and Vit D and calcium supplements. Don't take the calcium at the same time as the Strontium. My doctor was impressed that my DEXA scans have actually improved rather than get worse and I told her about the Strontium. Not sure she believed it was the strontium. Oh well - I believe it did and that's all that counts for me.

So Far So Good!!

Posted by Reviewer2063090 on Jun 29, 2009

I have rated three stars for starters.... My Dr.s Best Strontium Caps arrived June 9th; therefore I have been taking 2 caps every morning(on an empty tummy)for three weeks.I am also taking 'Now Foods'vitamin D-3 highest potency 5000lU softgels, one (1) every third day, in the evening, roughly 12 hours between the Strontium caps & the vit.D's. I have noticed that my fingers & ankles are feeling better ( I had pain shooting through my ankles & six of my fingers.)now the first knuckle of my forefingers are not so red & swollen. I can even squeeze my fingers & not feel any real pain, which is good....with a capital'G'....I will keep using this combo of Strontium & Vit D-3 to see what eventuates. Anyway hoping for the best!

Depo and Bone Density Loss

Posted by Reviewer1408057 on Aug 24, 2010

I have been on the Depo Provera shot for about 10 years. Last year my OBGYN had me go for a bone density test. I was surprised how low my test scores were, even with eating a healthy diet and doing continuous exercise and weights. I did a lot of research, since I sure didn't want my Doctor to take me off the Depo. I have been on Dr Best Strontium Bone Maker and Now Foods Cal-Mag DK for 1 year exactly. Just had another bone density test done, my numbers got better. My doctor was totally shocked!

STRONTIUM

Posted by Reviewer3229237 on Oct 07, 2009

I HAVE BEEN TAKING STRONTIUM FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS AND HAVE SEN AN IMPROVEMENT IN MY BONE SCAN AND ALSO A LOOSE TOOTH HAS STRENGTHENED I WILL CERTAINLY CARRY ON WITH THIS TREATMENT