Great, helped bring my morning anxiety under control

Posted by Reviewer2902613 on Oct 30, 2011

This will be similar to my review for Natural 5-HTP, as I take them both, but I bought this to help deal with severe morning anxiety that I started having. I take one capsule of this before I go to sleep in addition to the 5-HTP, then another capsule when I wake up, and my anxiety is so much better now. I feared I'd have to go on medication, but these supplements have been a lifesaver.

Pretty good supplement!

Posted by Reviewer1425289 on Dec 12, 2011

Been using these for about 3 weeks now, usually just 150mg in the morning, sometimes 300mg if I'm expecting some additional stress/anxiety. I find 150mg puts me in a relaxed state but not 'tired' at all, I am able to do heavy/intensive work and cognition is not impaired at all but when I take a breather everything is nice and calm immediately, no leftover stress. 300mg does make me a bit sleepy feeling. One problem I had was I took 150mg before bed one night, didn't want to go to bed until 2am and when I finally started trying to sleep I couldn't. Eventually my legs started to cramp up and I didn't sleep until 7am. This never happens to me and the only thing I did differently that evening was try L-Theanine at 10pm. It is not a good sleep-aid in my opinion and I will only ever be taking it in the morning for here on. Besides that though it has been wonderful!

calming

Posted by Reviewer1471868 on Aug 26, 2011

It does have a calming effect, but I'm not sure about the alert calmness. It made me feel kind of tired. However, I think it does have a definite calming effect. I think I'll take it on days I'm really stressed at work. It doesn't have a super sedative effect like an anti-anxiety prescription.

Ok

Posted by Reviewer1781027 on Jul 14, 2011

I dont have the sleepy effects that everyone says they have...in order for me to be sleepy and relaxed need to take high doses of it.

Not strong

Posted by Reviewer3170367 on Jan 24, 2012

This product is not strong at all - actually I didn't feel any kind of effect even after taking 20 capsules which makes a total of 3000mg of l-theanine. Normally I feel a very discernible effect when taking 200-400mg of theanine.

Calming effect!

Posted by Reviewer2346507 on Jul 21, 2012

L-theanine and GABA are highly effective with no ill side effects. You can take them with Melissa Lemon Balm and 5-HTP for extra stress relief.

L-theanine

Posted by Reviewer1823125 on Jun 27, 2011

I can feel the relaxation and the same time brain is working better.

Subtle calming

Posted by Reviewer1718882 on Aug 19, 2011

If I have too much caffeine, or just feel on edge during the day due to events or menopause symptoms, one of these really does the trick. No drowsiness, just a subtle calm. I give one to my husband if he has a stressful day at work. He calls me his personal naturopath!

Perfect product !!

Posted by Reviewer2069149 on Jan 21, 2010

I take Two cups 1-2 hours before bed time and have a whole night sleep wit fresh wake-up. Very recommended !!!

Seems effective

Posted by Reviewer2457535 on Jan 24, 2010

One of these on an empty stomach produces a noticeable calming effect. I'm fairly sure it's not just placebo.