Yummy.

Posted by jwillock on Mar 10, 2015

Quite filling and very tasty just as it is. I do sometimes add some Tabasco in it to kick it up a notch. Good for when you are in a rush.

pretty tasty

Posted by 4876931133837066182 on Jan 27, 2016

I was pleasantly surprised by this. Never had a dehydrated bean soup before- I was expecting it to be watery and bland, but it actually had a good thick consistency. Whole black beans, good bean flavor, not a super "lime" flavor, but still nice seasoning overall. solid.

Love it

Posted by 5528803579984182963 on Aug 14, 2014

Tastes sooo good for being an instant soup. Looks like a black goop and tastes delicious. Very filling too.

Dr. McDougall making processed foods?

Posted by WardieWard3 on Aug 14, 2016

I was a little skeptical at buying a processed food, but since I find Dr. McDougall to be one of the foremost nutritional doctors in the field, I thought I'd give it a try. What I found was that the Black Bean & Lime Soup is a great way to thicken and creamy up a pot of freshly made black beans. I sneak this into my pot-o-beans (even my wife doesn't know) and get compliments all around for my beans. Eaten on it's own this instant bean pot is, well, maybe not the greatest but it makes a perfect recipe addition to bean stews.

Easy, healthy, delicious

Posted by Reviewer2008735 on Oct 15, 2014

Very nice product, easy to prepare by just adding hot water. Potato starch and cane juice, though, are probably not the healthiest of ingredients...?

Pretty Good for Packaged Soup

Posted by YoungerNextYear on Mar 02, 2016

Dr. McDougalls really has alot of mixed reviews. I really like this brand. You have to be realistic about packaged soups/noodles -- they are not going to replace the real thing. I find adding some fresh veggies really help. These are also good for school lunches. If you find this review helpful, please click "YES"

Good vegan black bean soup

Posted by 5687671174714625289 on Jan 02, 2014

I wasn't sure about it when it said lime, but i was great. I split it up for two days and added brown rice.

Filling soup

Posted by 5504856457952487932 on May 27, 2014

Tasty soup, even better with fresh chilli, coriander and lime. Easy and filling for when you are on the go. Just add boiling water and make sure to give it a good stir.

not a favorite

Posted by ProDeath on Jul 28, 2014

It was good enough, but didn't knock my socks off.

Reasonable

Posted by Reviewer1175250 on Jul 24, 2012

This is a decent snack. It doesn't really have a lot of flavour though, and I don't think I'll be buying it again.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »