Dr. Mercola, Healthy Skin, Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30, 8 fl oz (236 ml)

Great Sunscreen!

Posted by Reviewer1109722 on Jun 26, 2012

This is my favorite sunscreen and I have tried a bunch (thinkbaby, trukids, aubrey organics, badger, etc.). It has a great consistency and goes on smoothly. It smells great, kind of like coconut mint. It does leave you skin a lighter tone, but all natural sunscreens do. It's not as bad as others. It works. I've been in full sun for 3-4 hours and no sun burn. It's safe. It has the same exact ingredients as Tropical Sands which is rated as a 1 on the EWG website. Also, it's cheap! At least compared to other natural sunscreens which can be $3-$6 per ounce. This stuff is under $2 and ounce!

Very nice

Posted by Reviewer1381917 on Oct 02, 2012

I find this sunscreen dries a couple of minutes after application with no oily or heavy residue at all. I was previously using Badger sunscreen and did not like the heavy residue it left, especially on my face.

Great sunscreen

Posted by DawnMellowship on May 15, 2012

This is a good sunscreen. It goes on easily, blends in and doesn't leave too much of a white tinge. It's touch as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide can leave that whitish tinge, but this rubs in fairly well. It also smells great and did a great job of protecting my skin from the Corfu sunshine! It's the only sunscreen I will be buying in future.

Perfect!!

Posted by Reviewer1074442 on Jun 06, 2012

I LOVE this sunscreen. I think it smells good (I love essential oil smells), and although it does go on with a whitish tint, I like it cause you can see where you've applied it. I wore it in the sun for over 4 hours on a hot day and I didn't get even the slightest bit pink. I'm pretty fair but once I tan I don't burn. I love that this has all natural ingredients, and that I'm not putting toxic chemicals on my skin. I will only wear this when I will be in the sun for a long time (1-2+ hours). It's good to get some unprotected sun exposure for vitamin D!

Safe and affordable

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 27, 2012

Non-nano and no hazardous chemicals. One of the lighter mineral block sunscreens out there. Leaves a bit of white residue, but can be largely worked into skin. A little white on the outside is my preference to dangerous nano-particles of titanium dioxide migrating into my internal organs. I like the scent. It is refreshing and a bit tropical smelling--probably from the coconut oil. The eucalyptus oil tingles a bit and I think also helps keep bugs away without smelling like insect repellent. The consistency is smooth and well blended with no separation. Still should shake first. The expiration date is about 2-1/2 years from the date of purchase. I spent hours researching sunscreens before choosing this one. Many "natural" ones are double the price for half the amount and may still contain an undesirable ingredient or two. Yes, I am willing to pay for safety, health and effectiveness, but there is a limit! This sunscreen works well. Recently, I was out in the heat of the day on an open strawberry field for a few hours without shade. I had accidentally missed a section of my right arm with sunscreen application. That part burned and everywhere where I had successfully applied this sunscreen was not sunburned at all. I was sweating and rubbing against brush and it still worked. My only reservations are that the lecithin, glycerine, xanthan gum and Vitamin E ingredients potentially could be derived from GMO sources. However, I think I recall reading a non-GMO claim on Dr. Mercola's website for his sunscreens.