10% Off Orders Over $40!

Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas Inc., Probiotics, Original Formula, 60 Capsules

Caused SEVERE stomach distress

Posted by Reviewer3213383 on May 31, 2010

I took these for a month without a problem but then they started causing severe stomach cramping, diarrhea and heartburn so I had to stop.

Best Probiotic Ever!

Posted by Reviewer2020754 on May 16, 2008

A friend turned me on to Dr. Ohhira's Probiotic Formula and after taking it faithfully morning and night for over a month, I can testify to the effectiveness of the product on my system. My feet no sooner hit the floor in the morning than I'm in the bathroom emptying my colon. Then later in the day I usually go again. There's no straining to evacuate either. After years of consuming other probiotic formulas, most of which needed refrigeration to keep the strains alive, I can tell you what a relief it is to find one that works perfectly in the body and doesn't require refrigeration. It can be transported without needing to be kept cool, so I can take it along on trips, which is very convenient. This is a wonderful supplement for anyone looking to improve overall health and colon health in particular. I won't be without it. Five stars!

I prefer Jarrow Dophilus EPS

Posted by Reviewer1728233 on Apr 28, 2008

I tried this first and like others I found it aggravated my digestive system and I did not have a problem before. Would not use again. The Jarrow product seems to be great and I suggest others try it.

Do your insides a favor!

Posted by jakuta on Aug 04, 2009

I suffer from Candida and have used numerous supplements to combat the problem. Many I have liked ( i.e. Fungal Defense, Primal Defense) but this hands down is the best nutritional supplement I have ever taken. It has truly reinvented my intestinal health. My bowels have become regular and I am digesting better. Water retention has vastly improved. Energy levels are way up. Mental clarity and focus is also much better. I have recommended this product to all my friends and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in overall good health. I have used three months worth of Dr Ohirra's Probiotics 12 PLUS and believe that the Original and Professional Formulas are equally effective. As for Dosage, I would highly recommend the loading phase of 5 pills in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. If you are new to probiotics, you may want to consider a smaller dose to start with as this product may cause gas, bloating and general stomach discomfort for a week or so. This is a good thing though as it is a sign that your body is experiencing a "Healing Crisis" as it detoxifies and renews your internal environment. I also recommended taking a good quality probiotic in conjunction with Dr Ohirra's like Primal Defense to repopulate your intestinal tract with health flora. Dr Ohirra's is a probiotic, meaning it creates a suitable environment in the GI Tract for healthy bacteria to thrive. After ceasing to use this product for a month, I have continued to see the same beneficial results from it , which tells me that this product truly does "recreate" your intestinal environment.

Eliminated the following Fungal Related items:

Posted by Reviewer1801329 on Sep 11, 2009

A Great Broad Spectrum Probiotic - Over a period of 1-2 months it has eliminated these in my wife or myself, GERD, Incontinence, Yeast infections. Dandruff, Eczema in ears. Also eliminated a total of 3 drugs for these conditions. Excellent regularity is a fringe benefit.