12 PLUS Original Formula, 60 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer3117468 on Oct 20, 2008

My diarrhea was out of control and I could not go anywhere without taking Pepto Bismo first. I planned my life around where I could find the nearest bathroom! I also felt weak and exhausted after each attack. It had really taken over my life. A friend at work had the same problem, apparently even worse, as she often could not even make it to work. She told me about this product. Now, we both lead normal lives!

terrible gas

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Feb 22, 2010

I tried this based on all the good reviews. About 1 week after starting the "loading" part, I started to have really bad gas. Very embarrassing! I continued on for another week or so and it got worse so I stopped. The gas continued for a month until I took antibiotics, in which my problem stopped. What a relief. This has NEVER happened with any probiotic EVER. I went back to Jarrow probiotcs and no problems.

Wow!

Posted by Reviewer3165846 on Sep 27, 2008

I don't want to jinx things, but I was using Garden of Life Primal Defense (which I love), and added the Dr. Ohhira's in at night because I had 2 boxes and lo and behold, since the week I started Dr. Ohhira's just once a day, my acne has cleared up, and pore size is improving. It seems to be controlling my overly oily skin which no other topical product has come close to. Really, really like this product. By using both, I think I have an excellent range of probiotic defense coverage, however, I fully credit the improvement in my skin to this product alone. Highly recommend Dr. Ohhira's products to anyone wanting a good probiotic formulation.

From bladder infections to colds

Posted by Reviewer1064587 on Nov 23, 2007

I have had constant bladder infections for 8 years now. Antibiotics are worthless to me. I am now immune and hate them. I just gave up hope. I stumbled across these pills looking for my Bengal cats to have some good probiotics. Well I have ordered many boxes now. I refuse to be without. I love them. I also get 2-4 colds every single year like clock work. I have yet to get a cold since I take these. The only time i take them is when I feel a hint of a sore throat or my bladder infection and it nips them both right off. I have never even taken the pills more then 2 days in a row, never needed to. My brother and my husband just had very bad colds go through our house. No problem for me. My daughter also gets bad bladder infections. No more after I give her a days worth of pills. I just love these things.

Saved my Sanity..

Posted by Reviewer1325920 on May 24, 2007

I found out about this product from my Accupuncturist. I have suffered with a nervous stomach since childhood. Then in the mid-90's had a terrible parasite /stomach infection incident while living in Mexico City. All kinds or Dr.s, tests and RX, nothing helped. This product has been the first to put my system back to normal and I wouldn't go a day without it.

Great probiotic

Posted by Reviewer2801716 on Aug 10, 2011

I read all the reviews of this product and figured I should try since I have tried many probiotics. I took 5 on the first day (a loading dose) as one reviewer suggested which seemed to reset my stomach by reducing bloating and calming everything down. I have been taking one in the morning and one at night. I have noticed a significant decrease in bloating. I feel better and have more energy overall. Its been 2 weeks so far and I will continue taking it. This seems to be one of the best probiotics I have tried so far. I supplement with Kefir drinks which depending on the brand has 20 billion plus, live cultures in it. You can get this at any healthy markets in the dairy aisle. The also make coconut kefir and juice kefir which are dairy free. I would highly recommend trying that in addition to probiotics. I have been searching for years for products that work.

HUGE Waste of money... There are much more effective ones in Japan. No Japanese would buy this in Japan.

Posted by Reviewer1698292 on Aug 21, 2013

I was so disappointed with this. There was no effect. There are better probiotics in Japan. Maybe, this product is designed for American diet habit, I guess.... I have read reviews of Japanese people and found that they gave higher rates for the price at iherb, which is less than half of that sold in Japan, not for the quality or significant result... We can even get much better effects just by eating probiotic yogurt, which costs only $1!!! I could not tolerate American chemical taste & chemical perfume smelling yogurt when I was in the U.S.

Best Probiotic

Posted by Reviewer3127990 on Jan 08, 2007

This probiotic is great. My daughter suffered from allergies a lot. Put her on these probiotics and olive leaf extract--she never has allergies and never gets sick!!

Dr Ohirra's is the absolute best probiotic on the market

Posted by Reviewer1911909 on Oct 03, 2009

Dr Ohirra's is not just a probiotic but it is its own self contained ecosystem with prebiotics and it is designed to seek out your individual good bacterial needs in your intestines and replenish and support them. It also contains vitamins and minerals and other nutrients to leave you much better than before you took it. If you take antibiotics you should take one of these at night on an empty stomach to remodel and re-balance the intestinal balance of proportionate good bacteria, bad bacteria and intestinal yeast that is supposed to live in balanced harmony that the antibiotic specifically throws off. In my humble opinion I think its the best. I am a mom of four kids one with autism and all of us benefit from the good health it provides. We have been able to stay away from doctor visits for more than three years but before we found these non refrigerated take with you anytime gems we were living at the doctor and taking coarse after coarse of antibiotics leaving us sicker than when we went in. Wishing you all good health!

VERY expensive!

Posted by 5349848801703725505 on Mar 21, 2013

I'm rating the price not the product, the product is amazing and I'll probably use it for a long time but I had to buy it from another website where it is $16 dollars cheaper!! I'm starting to question iherb's best price claims. I also wanted to buy a new product called Fucothin but didn't coz I found it $10 cheaper somewhere else!