My own experience: Awful acne flare ups :(

Posted by Reviewer1827878 on Sep 28, 2011

Bear in mind that this is my own personal experience, I do hope your results are much better than mine. I initally heard of this product from my cousin who absolutely loves it and raves about it. I've read that taking probiotics is great for maintaining a healthly intestinal flora. For me, however, after taking one of these per day, by the third day my face broke out in a few painful acne nodules (hard bumps under the skin surface) and some cysts (similar to nodules but pus-filled). Granted, I occasionally get a whitehead every once in a while, but these were something else completely which I've NEVER experienced before! After the 5th day I stopped taking them because I could see & feel more hard bumps forming on my skin. After I stopped taking this probiotic I could feel the hard bumps slowly (over 2 weeks) recede. Thinking maybe it was just a fluke, I again took these a couple of months later, and sure enough by the 3 day I could feel the hard bumps again forming on my face. I stopped taking them altogether. They work great for my cousin, but for me, caused a bad acne/allergic reaction.

Fantastic Probiotcs

Posted by Reviewer1098400 on Sep 28, 2008

These probiotics were recommended by my doctor to help with Candida control and they've not only helped get rid of the yeast, but help keep me regular and my digestion has improved.

Effective

Posted by Reviewer3110915 on Jun 02, 2007

This is the first probiotic I have used that you can tell is working. My digestion & elimination is stronger, and my son does not get ear infections anymore. We have spent alot of money on different types of probiotics, and I am glad I did not give up before trying this one.

Flushes out your system - helps clear skin

Posted by 5090339320739142087 on Dec 07, 2013

I've been suffering from mild cystic acne since my early 30s. Topical treatments (Differin, salicylic acid, etc.) have had no effect on the frequency and severity of my breakouts so I ordered this after reading the reviews. I nearly abandoned the product after the first 3 days of usage. Prior to taking this product, I've never had gastrointestinal problems but for the first week of taking this probiotic, I had really severe bloating, indigestion and diarrhea. I'm glad that I reluctantly stuck to it because after 3 weeks of continued (and very uncomfortable) use, my initial stomach problems have disappeared and my skin has finally started to clear up! I think the initial problems were caused by the probiotics trying to flush out the junk in my system. I hope this works for other people suffering from cystic acne but I do suggest that you stick with it for at least 2 weeks.

The Best

Posted by Reviewer2741149 on Oct 27, 2007

The only supplement I've found that keeps my candida at bay. Also, I haven't had the flu/cold in over two years since taking this. Fantastic!!!

Good product, rising price though.

Posted by Reviewer2990411 on Dec 26, 2009

I have been using Dr. Ohhira's Essential Formulas for a couple of years now. I am very happy with the product but I was not happy to see the over $10 price jump this fall. I am at the highest price point I am willing to pay for this product, so unfortunately, if the price goes any higher, I'll be forced to look elsewhere for this product.

best probiotics

Posted by Reviewer2284833 on May 21, 2009

I can't live without these probiotics. I had to go without them for 2 weeks because I was out of town (iherb delivers to my home) and I noticed immediately that I needed them. Once I got home and back on them, I felt better. Helps relieve multiple digestive issues like... bloating, pain, constipation, diarrhea, gas, indigestion, nausea. You can chew them for stomach issues and swallow them for the rest of your digestion symptoms. These probiotics will not grow mold or fungus and have a non-refridgerated shelf-life of three years. They have their own food supply, so are very stable. I had a wound that wasn't healing and I put a tiny bit on it and it healed up nicely. Very high quality product!

Enterococcus faecalis......

Posted by Reviewer2268644 on Apr 27, 2011

After researching more about this particular species of bacteria despite being a tested and specific strain, I have decided not to continue using this product due to health concerns. I'm also not impressed with the number of CFUs (900 million) which is very low for such a high price!

Ulcerative Colitis Miracle

Posted by Reviewer2656358 on Jul 14, 2009

I had been suffering with uncontrollable UC for several months - constant urgency, diarrhea, bleeding and frequency. Certain foods were just not tolerated and would send things off in a downward spiral. I was a prisoner of my bathroom. I took Dr. Ohirra's probitotics in conjunction with penicillin VK and it cleared up the UC symptoms in a few days (started with 2 in AM, 1 PM first week - now taking just 1 in AM before eating). I can now tolerate the foods, too, that were a problem. Mentioned this miracle to a friend with exact same problem with their UC. They started the probiotics, but no penicillin, and their symptoms are gone, too (not sure what role, if any the penicillin played for me, but need to note its use. BTW, I tested not-positive for parasites, etc, just the week before). For you folks with UC that has become untreatable with conventional drugs (was on Asacol at max dosage in conjunction with Mesalamine) this is a UC miracle! I tried the other, very expensive, refrigerated probiotic to no avail, Dr Ohirra's are the best.

Its Great!

Posted by Reviewer1044167 on Jun 25, 2007

When I got these probotics in I had gotten a severe head cold. I had greed drainage and was unable to speak because my throat was so sore. I had not taken any other medication but took the probotics and that day my head unstopped and my cold started disappearing without taking anythng else. WOW!