Highly Recommended

Posted by Reviewer2493937 on Jul 05, 2008

In my opinion this is the best probiotic on the market. In addition to the daily doses, we have also used this for people with stomach aches, food poisoning, and indigestion. 1 dose every half hour until the pain is gone makes for a great aid...i never travel without them!

I love these probiotics!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1616145 on Aug 29, 2008

These are the best probiotics available, and at the best price I have found anywhere! My holistic vet says "Don't underestimate the gut," so my dogs get one every night. They can't fake symptoms, so I know that there has been an improvement in their health. I also feel much better when I take Dr. Ohhira's on a regular basis.

Perhaps an overrated product

Posted by Reviewer1638561 on Feb 23, 2013

I think it is worth trying other probiotics before deciding on this expensive product for regular usage.

contains carrageenan

Posted by Reviewer1399542 on Jan 03, 2014

I used to buy this or the Professional Formula, but it contains carrageenan...Not good for the gut. Can cause "bloat belly" and other G.I. problems. Check out the website 'Cornucopia' or do other search to learn about this ingredient and the damage it causes.

Nina

Posted by Reviewer2754236 on Feb 02, 2009

People with digestive problems will be surprised to see this product in a hard to digest gel-capsule. I learned to crunch it with my teeth to get the contents out before swallowing. At first, I was unaware of the loading concept but followed that protocol when I read here about that. I have used 3 boxes and can't tell a remarkable difference in my digestion. I doubt I will continue this product.

I prefer Jarrow Dophilus EPS

Posted by Reviewer1728233 on Apr 28, 2008

I tried this first and like others I found it aggravated my digestive system and I did not have a problem before. Would not use again. The Jarrow product seems to be great and I suggest others try it.

Do your insides a favor!

Posted by jakuta on Aug 04, 2009

I suffer from Candida and have used numerous supplements to combat the problem. Many I have liked ( i.e. Fungal Defense, Primal Defense) but this hands down is the best nutritional supplement I have ever taken. It has truly reinvented my intestinal health. My bowels have become regular and I am digesting better. Water retention has vastly improved. Energy levels are way up. Mental clarity and focus is also much better. I have recommended this product to all my friends and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in overall good health. I have used three months worth of Dr Ohirra's Probiotics 12 PLUS and believe that the Original and Professional Formulas are equally effective. As for Dosage, I would highly recommend the loading phase of 5 pills in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. If you are new to probiotics, you may want to consider a smaller dose to start with as this product may cause gas, bloating and general stomach discomfort for a week or so. This is a good thing though as it is a sign that your body is experiencing a "Healing Crisis" as it detoxifies and renews your internal environment. I also recommended taking a good quality probiotic in conjunction with Dr Ohirra's like Primal Defense to repopulate your intestinal tract with health flora. Dr Ohirra's is a probiotic, meaning it creates a suitable environment in the GI Tract for healthy bacteria to thrive. After ceasing to use this product for a month, I have continued to see the same beneficial results from it , which tells me that this product truly does "recreate" your intestinal environment.

Eliminated the following Fungal Related items:

Posted by Reviewer1801329 on Sep 11, 2009

A Great Broad Spectrum Probiotic - Over a period of 1-2 months it has eliminated these in my wife or myself, GERD, Incontinence, Yeast infections. Dandruff, Eczema in ears. Also eliminated a total of 3 drugs for these conditions. Excellent regularity is a fringe benefit.

Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics 12 plus - big help

Posted by Reviewer2298616 on Mar 01, 2008

Excellent product - helped through chemotherapy all last summer to become free of stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma, continue to take on a daily basis, age 76.

Best Probiotic Ever!

Posted by Reviewer2020754 on May 16, 2008

A friend turned me on to Dr. Ohhira's Probiotic Formula and after taking it faithfully morning and night for over a month, I can testify to the effectiveness of the product on my system. My feet no sooner hit the floor in the morning than I'm in the bathroom emptying my colon. Then later in the day I usually go again. There's no straining to evacuate either. After years of consuming other probiotic formulas, most of which needed refrigeration to keep the strains alive, I can tell you what a relief it is to find one that works perfectly in the body and doesn't require refrigeration. It can be transported without needing to be kept cool, so I can take it along on trips, which is very convenient. This is a wonderful supplement for anyone looking to improve overall health and colon health in particular. I won't be without it. Five stars!