Okay for a couple of weeks, then nothing different

Posted by Reviewer3081436 on Feb 21, 2012

After I got past the initial bloating this caused the first week or so (I realize everyone is different), this seemed to help... for about two weeks. After that, I didn't see anything different with my gut. Wasn't worth the price for me. Based on all the rave reviews, I went from a Thorne probiotic to this one to see if there was a difference. Nope. I'm back to the Thorne. It always does the trick for me and my probiotic needs.

Service is great!!

Posted by Reviewer2121939 on Dec 17, 2010

Severe problems-bloating, pain.. I wanted this to work but will discontinue

Not too impressed.

Posted by Reviewer1593250 on Dec 11, 2008

We tried this out due to reading positive reviews. We had been taking another brand and found this one not as good.

Great results

Posted by Reviewer2068809 on Dec 21, 2008

No other probiotic has been so effective for our family (including our two lab pups who sometimes drink some bad pond water!) in helping our intestines. Since this formula targets both small and large intestines it has saved us money on the usual pattern of having to buy 2 probiotic formulas--one for the small intestine and one for the large. It seems to deliver really well--surviving the stomach's hydrochloric acid. Thanks I-Herb for carrying this splendid product at a reasonable price. I was formerly buying it elsewhere for DOUBLE the price 'til I discovered I-Herb!

Good Results

Posted by Reviewer2960590 on Jun 28, 2009

I used to be troubled with acid reflux especially at night. I tried over-the-counter acid pills but these only masked the sympthoms and I had to take far too many day and night for relief. Now one Probiotic at night-time and reflux is under control.

this works

Posted by Reviewer2561654 on Feb 25, 2009

I have had stomach ulcers for about a year. Taking this for a month made the "sharp pain" in the stomach go away. I've been taking one in the morning and one in the evening. I don't take any antacids anymore.

Dr Ohhira's essential formulas inc probiotics

Posted by Reviewer1905974 on Nov 22, 2009

The best probiotic I've found. Even when taking strong antibiotics I didn't have my recurrent tinnitus thanks to taking these probiotics. This is definitely the one for me.

Fabulous product!!

Posted by Reviewer2196791 on Nov 10, 2007

So far this seems to have healed all my IBS symptoms. I had almost constant intestinal cramping etc and I started taking these probiotics and felt better every day and now I feel like nothing was ever wrong with me!!!

I swear by these.

Posted by Reviewer1893578 on Oct 25, 2007

They have helped me so much. I have Ciliac disease and poor digestion and poor mood but with these my body works well and I actualy feel happy some times

Good, but...

Posted by PaulaSutton on Apr 12, 2013

This is a decent priobiotic but Dr. Ohira sells another product that contains horse oil and I cannot support the slaughter of horses for a beauty or bath product. No worries, however, because there are many high-quality probiotics on the market and on iherb. Just look for a GMP (good manufacturing process) seal on the bottle and look for enterically coated probiotics (so the probiotics survive your stomach acids unharmed and make it into your small and large intestines where they do the most good). Also it is helpful to look for a high bacteria count probiotic if you need extra digestive support. Culturelle has a great reputation but there many others that are terffic as well. I am currently taking at priobiotic made by Renew Life, which is milk and lactose free--the bacteria cultures are grown on a garbanzo base rather than milk base.