July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas Inc., Probiotics, Professional Formula, 60 Capsules

Outstanding A+ Probiotics

Posted by Reviewer1275622 on May 22, 2012

I've tried many different brands of probiotics. I am sure they all benefited me somehow. But I must say what a big difference the Dr. Ohhira's Professional Formula benefited my GI tract. It cured my irritable bowl(both diarrhea and constipation) in less than five days. I started with a loading phrase of 10 capsules a day (5 in the morning + 5 in the evening)on empty stomach (1 hour before or 1 1/2 hours after meal) as directed. You may detect a bit of the fermented soy sauce smell in these capsules, but that's because these are potent! The capsules are otherwise very smooth and easy to swallow. I am now taking two capsules a day as maintenance, and adding Garden of Life's primal defense. The result of taking these has been amazing! I highly recommend this product without hesitation.

Blister pack hard on skin at thumbnail

Posted by Reviewer2085750 on Jun 04, 2011

I have purchased two different boxes of the Probiotics of which the probiotic I do find helpful. An unfortunate thing is that twice when I press through the blister pack it was sharp enough to tear between my thumbnail and skin. I have reasonably strong skin. I think this is a serious design flaw that could actually endanger unhealthy people with poor circulation to their finger tips. I do hope they change it. I have written them about it. I have used blister packs all my life and no supplement or even drug has hurt my thumb as much as this. I have to be v-e-r-y alert every time I take one.

what a product!

Posted by Reviewer3247004 on Jun 02, 2008

An excellent product. I have suffered from nervous bowels for 50 years or more. This probiotic product finally worked to normalize bowel flora.

the best

Posted by Reviewer2193622 on Mar 26, 2009

This is the best probiotic I have taken in over 15 years of trying different products

One of the best probiotics on the market

Posted by MrJellybean on Jun 24, 2012

I've always been a fan of whole food supplements over laboratory made powders - they seem more natural and more readily absorbed by your body. Dr. Ohhira's is one of the best probitoics on the market because it's grown in a whole food matrix using nutritious fermented veggies and roots as a base for the probiotics which are fermented for 3 years. This is how probiotics are meant to be taken and grown - in a base of fermented foods that not only supply your body with necessary bacteria but also micronutrients, prebiotics, enzymes, the whole shebang. If you're looking into probiotics, this is the one to get. It's chock full of quality ingredients, has it's own fermentation process and blend of bacteria that seems to enhance the bacteria's ability to make a new home in your gut because the results speak for themselves. Clearer skin, more energy, less headaches, better digestion and overall well being.