Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Pure Black Soap, 32 fl oz (946 ml)

Not a replica of Dr. Bronner's

Posted by Reviewer2317474 on Jan 08, 2009

I have only used this version with shea so far. It is quite thick and has floating chunks of shea butter. We used Dr. Bronner's liquid soap in foaming bottle. I think this shea would spoil the foaming mechanism. We could dilute it about as much as Dr. Bronner's and use it from a lotion pump. It is not as drying as Dr. Bronner's and I like the smell of black soap. I feel it was a good choice to buy this as Dr. Bronner's price is no longer very affordable for us and I like the change.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Dr Wood soap contains all natural ingredients and it’s very versatile. It does not contains harsh chemicals such as paraben, phthalate, sodium lauryl sulphate. It’s biodegradable and does not leave behind harmful chemicals in the environment. It does not irritate the eyes much when it accidently gets into the eyes. This is not the same when you use conventional soap loaded with many unknown chemical. I have tried the black soap standalone and black soap + shea butter. I prefer the shea butter combination as it helps to moisturize better as well. I have very oily facial skin and one facial wash can last me 4-5 hours before it needs another wash. My facial skin does not dry up when I wash my face frequently. I also use it for shampoo, body wash, shaving, washing clothes, dishes and floor. Basically, it’s an all in one bottle! It’s comparable cheaper than its rival Dr Bronner soap which sells similar soap. Check out my page for more reviews!

A smell terrible soap!

Posted by 5439232587545212004 on Apr 16, 2014

It smells terrible like mens cologne plus baby powder. Sorry I cannot stand the smell. It is a good soap if u can stand the smell. I like to read reviews that are usually on the negative side first now because most of the times the items that i brought, which i based on the positive reviews, seldom applies much on me, maybe one or two that someone mention in their reviews but the negative one, most of the times, i experience what they did. Ironic thing is sometimes we had different skin types but still had the same outcomes.

Unpleasant fragrance and lumpy

Posted by Reviewer2725820 on Mar 30, 2009

This stuff has an unpleasant odor -- like pine tar or something. Also...the soap and shea butter are not emulsified. The shea butter is floating in big globs throughout the bottle, and it does not blend with shaking. Its kinda difficult to dispense from the bottle because the lumps of shea butter clog the spout. I do not reccommend it.

Will not buy it again.

Posted by Reviewer1423788 on Nov 27, 2011

Too liquid and the smell is strong and bad. Does not lather well.