Mr

Posted by Reviewer1634570 on Dec 27, 2008

great product, came across by accident whilst on a trip to NY (live in the UK), 100 times better than any shower gel have used before and much cheaper also. the iherb website has been brilliant as you cannot find this product on sale in the UK, so its the only place where i could get this from.

Perfect Love!

Posted by Reviewer3035986 on Aug 01, 2011

PERFECT PERFECT PEEEERFECT!!!! :D

Love it

Posted by adechamplain on Feb 18, 2014

I have bought the Almond and Hemp fragrance and this time opted for the Black Soap which seems to have great properties. I use it (in dilution) for my shower wash, hand cleaner and shampoos. For my shampoos I just use 1/4 cup of Dr Woods Pure Black Soap with 1/4 cup of filtered water (or tap water), I add 1 tsp of vegetable glycerine and 1 tsp of oil and you can add a few drops of essential oils too. Or you can make a double batch in which case 1 tsp of glycerine and 1 tsp of light oil (use a pure oil like Olive oil or rapeseed oil or a light colored oil) and this might be enough. It's of course much more runny than your average shampoo but I use this all the time and you can make a fresh batch. Much better than all those shampoos with toxic ingredients in them. I started doing this when I saw on ewg.org that most shampoos were filled with toxic ingredients. I decided to start making my own. When I use the almond and hemp castille soap, I don't use any essential oils as the almond fragrance is quite strong and nice.

Dr.Woods Pure Black Soap

Posted by 5263411365639902829 on May 12, 2015

This soap gets rid of blemishes. Love it.

Very mild and nice smell

Posted by 5109487438814670079 on Jul 04, 2015

I purchased a small bottle of this soap in a local store and I'm slowly falling in love with this. I use this soap for shower and as facial cleanser, the smells is good, quite relaxing and it's very mild and gentle, I think it's good for normal to oily skin.

previous fragrance better...

Posted by 4947023609707552878 on Apr 27, 2016

It's a great soap. I used it for a couple of years and like it very much. Works well for me - cleanse well and shea provides smooth skin after washing. I used as facial soap too. However with the latest new packing (which is ok) comes with a new fragrance. I very much prefer the original (or previous) fragrance!

Very good multi-purpose soap

Posted by Reviewer1268311 on Oct 27, 2011

I use this to wash my body, hands and face. My sensitive skin didn't get irritated at all! The only reason why I didn't give this the whole five stars was that this soap doesn't wash my hair like shampoos do. IMO the scent is kinda unisex. Very cheap! Now I don't have to buy any soap for a year 'cause this bottle is so big =)

It's OK

Posted by MikeMember on Nov 24, 2008

Don't like the smell. But I like the lather and the price.

don't like the scent

Posted by Elinapage on Oct 28, 2013

It foams good, doesn't make my skin dry BUT it has so weird scent! Like some old detergent/ soap from old centuries... Won't buy again.

Long-lingering scent ...

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Jan 30, 2015

... that I just cannot get rid of no matter how many times I rinse! The scent follows me everywhere I go - I can smell it all day long. And when I go to bed at night, it permeates my pillow too. I prefer not to be overwhelmed by the fragrances in my bath products.