I can't believe I'd never heard of this!

Posted by Reviewer1599959 on Jun 13, 2009

Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Pure Black Soap is an incredible product. It has made my skin feel softer, I've been able to use it on my face and my children, and it smells wonderful. I would definitely recommend this product.

All time favorite

Posted by Zihuana on Feb 04, 2011

This product is so versatile! And about the scent of it....at first I didn't care for it so much, but soon I became to love it - addictively even! This is wonderful for showering, shampooing, facial wash, shaving, even for laundry. Absolutely my favorite, and since it is so great I thought I'd give it try for Shea Vision Almond and the others too, but the Almond version wasn't as good so I don't even bother to try the others. This African Black Soap Shea Butter is "The One" for me!

Goodbye Lava Soap!

Posted by Reviewer1212298 on Jul 12, 2010

My husband has a car addiction and frequently comes in from the garage covered in all manner of black car greases. Dr. Woods Black Soap removes grease better than lava soap and better than the orange soap we usually use...AND it's non-toxic!

Try it at least twice

Posted by cot477 on Mar 07, 2012

Ok... in our home we use NO fragrances, NO chemicals, etc, etc, so when I gave this a try I HATED it. I felt like I smelled like I rolled around in some stranger's bedsheets - with its very strong aftershave type of smell. Then, knowing I had a HUGE bottle of it, and remembering that the iherb reviews were glowing, I bucked up and tried it again. The second time wasn't as overpowering and I was able to focus on how AMAZING my skin felt. I use it daily now and the smell doesn't last very long (maybe an hour). Awesome soap. It's my go-to in the bath and shower, for shaving, cleaning up, and simply waking up. I look forward to the smell now. Weird.

love this soap

Posted by Reviewer1197053 on Mar 12, 2012

smells great, all natural, makes me feel better when i use it

Pure Black Soap

Posted by karishma on Oct 09, 2012

I use this soap to wash my face with and it doesn't dry my skin. Love the smell too!

high quality

Posted by Marishkaaa on Jun 18, 2012

really like all of the soap of this brand. Super price and high quality!

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1239453 on Sep 24, 2010

This soap really softens your skin as it lathers you clean. For those who are not use to a genuine soap like a castile soap, it takes some getting used to. If you are looking for an incredible scent, this is not your product. It's scent is mild and natural. This soap is designed for people who are tired of all the chemicals and just want to get clean naturally. Do some research on the dangers of SLS that they add to nearly every shampoo and body wash on the market.

Amazing soap!

Posted by Reviewer2828929 on Oct 05, 2010

This soap is great, very moisturizing.

I Like It

Posted by Reviewer2577709 on Mar 05, 2012

My first time using black soap and I love it. Very healthy ingredient list, cleans my skin well, pleasant smell. It does not lather much but I expected that. I personally enjoy the fragrance. The smell does remind me of clay or play-dough as some others have mentioned, but I don't mind. I find it soothing.