July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Soothing Lavender Castile Soap, 32 fl oz (946 ml)

Reviews 1-star

Moldy

Posted by Reviewer1006509 on Apr 13, 2009

Product had mold growing on congealed fat. iHerb said a "brand new" one should ship out "today", then four days later it was "next week", then the next week it was "next week" again, and now the item is "still out of stock, we will ship it out once the item comes back in stock", although it is listed as "in stock" on the website. They will not replace with another product unless I place a new order & pay shipping.

Seafood

Posted by Reviewer2937166 on Aug 03, 2011

It might just be me, but the scent of this soap is reminiscent of boiled shrimp. I didn't smell any lavender at all. Thankfully, the smell doesn't linger on the skin, but it does linger in the air making for an unpleasant bathing experience. I was able to put up with the Tea Tree soap after a few uses, but I can't imagine using this one for too long. This soap is the last soap I'll ever buy from Dr. Woods.

Absolutely disgusting artificial smell - definitely not true to label

Posted by 4698964627832640968 on Jan 02, 2014

The soap itself is fairly good, almost as good as Dr Bronner's. But the smell is HORRENDOUS!!!! It smells like chemical disinfectant with artificial 'lavender' fragrance. I am trained in aromatherapy, and there is no way the ingredients are true to label (the label says Lavender essential oil). I tried adding large quantities of my own essential oils but none succeeded in improving the smell! I literally could NOT WAIT for this bottle to be finished, and feel I must apologise to those who use it. AWFUL.

Dr Woods Soothing Lavender Castile Soap Pooh!!!

Posted by Reviewer2621092 on Sep 22, 2010

This stuff Stinks. Its not just me but everyone who uses it. It claims to be essential oils. I will add my own lavender I hope this helps. Everything I have ever ordered from I herb has been great. This was very disappointing. Get Dr Bronners its a little more expensive, but it smells great. Dr Woods POOH!!!!

I did not receive the correct soap

Posted by Reviewer2120683 on Jul 23, 2014

I received the almond and cannot use it, the smell is overpowering and awful.