Great starter set

Posted by 4934577934060423307 on Feb 28, 2014

I spent a long time researching the best set of brushes to buy for my first set - weighing up price against quality. As I live in New Zealand, prices of higher end brands such as Mac, Sedona Lace, Sigma etc... were too expensive for me so I decided to go with Elf. PROS: The brushes are lovely and soft, and they're good for someone just starting out with their makeup. Each brush has the name of it written on the side so it's easy to decipher which brush you need to use for the job. The brushes themselves are quite styly (all black). I haven't experienced any shedding yet which is fantastic. CONS: There is no blending brush for the eyes, which is really the most important brush you need when doing eye makeup! I've tried using the "contouring" brush to blend eyeshadow, but it's not big enough and doesn't blend evenly. Although the brushes are lovely and soft, they're not very dense so doing any buffing with mineral powder foundation isn't possible. VERDICT: Good for someone starting out, however if you want to do a really good job with your eye makeup then consider spending a bit more money on a set with a blending brush and brushes that are denser. I will be saving up to buy a better brand.

useful