Won me over on the 2nd try!

Posted by JotheBeautyTherapist on Jul 03, 2015

Initially, I wasn't sold on this palette, there were no reviews when I bought it, so I was flying blind where baked eyeshadows were concerned. I tried to brush the eyeshadow on as I normally would & I got next to no product from any of the colours. There were no product instructions to indicate that baked eyeshadows should be used any differently to other eyeshadows, so I had no idea what I was doing wrong, but by now there was feedback from others suggesting they should be used wet. I wasn't 100% convinced, but they did seem to work wet - The big surprise was that once I'd wiped the palette down & let it dry, the very next time I used it, the colours worked perfectly well DRY! I figured there must've been some kind of film on the surface of the colours to protect them, because I bought 2 different palettes in this range & they both reacted the same way when new & once they'd been wiped down, the colours could be used both dry & wet. There is plenty of pigment in the eyeshadows, they go on nice & soft - even softer than the regular range, there's a pearlised lustre thru them & the enclosed mirror is quite a reasonable size. All in all, I think they're great. I'm going to buy the final palettes in the range too, but I've only given 4 stars because of a little bit of fallout & also I think they ought to put some kind of instructions or explanation on the packaging - my 2 palettes came quite close to being returned until I stumbled across a solution to make them work.

Great eye shadow, little fall out

Posted by MyDewHerb on Sep 18, 2013

The only reason this palette does not get 5 starts is due to the major fallout. Other than that, the eye shadows are highly pigmented and I think the color selection is gorgeous. Great product for a great price!

Good product for a fair price

Posted by 5273492987893429582 on Oct 22, 2014

The selection of colors is good and can be used mainly to build blend-able looks for evenings. By using the more nude color sparsely, you may even get a nice day look. The palette is small, easy to handle comfortably and has a handy mirror in it. Best to use it with eye-makeup brushes. Biggest problem with the palette would be a lot of powdery-shimmery fallout. I understood that using the eye-shadows wet + on top of primer would reduce the fallout and also improve durability. I recommend this product, after some practice it can be used to create some very impressive looks.

nn

Posted by 5299425429005932430 on May 29, 2015

nice eyeshadow

Good

Posted by 4612043189510715944 on Dec 02, 2013

Good

Good with wet brush!

Posted by 5689257924118931604 on Oct 19, 2015

Maybe i am not used to baked type of product, so i find it annoying to always add water to the brush to have the color become obvious. But once i did, the colour turn party-ready!