Won me over on the 2nd try!

Posted by JotheBeautyTherapist on Jul 03, 2015

Initially, I wasn't sold on this palette, there were no reviews when I bought it, so I was flying blind where baked eyeshadows were concerned. I tried to brush the eyeshadow on as I normally would & I got next to no product from any of the colours. There were no product instructions to indicate that baked eyeshadows should be used any differently to other eyeshadows, so I had no idea what I was doing wrong, but by now there was feedback from others suggesting they should be used wet. I wasn't 100% convinced, but they did seem to work wet - The big surprise was that once I'd wiped the palette down & let it dry, the very next time I used it, the colours worked perfectly well DRY! I figured there must've been some kind of film on the surface of the colours to protect them, because I bought 2 different palettes in this range & they both reacted the same way when new & once they'd been wiped down, the colours could be used both dry & wet. There is plenty of pigment in the eyeshadows, they go on nice & soft - even softer than the regular range, there's a pearlised lustre thru them & the enclosed mirror is quite a reasonable size. All in all, I think they're great. I'm going to buy the final palettes in the range too, but I've only given 4 stars because of a little bit of fallout & also I think they ought to put some kind of instructions or explanation on the packaging - my 2 palettes came quite close to being returned until I stumbled across a solution to make them work.

Trop de paillettes...

Posted by Western on Jun 13, 2013

...tue la paillette ! Youpi disco ! les couleurs seraient pas mal sans pour autant être originales pour des nudes mais beaucoup trop de paillettes, j'en ai partout sur la figure et attention aux paillettes qui continuent de tomber dans l'oeil dans la journée, yeux fragiles s'abstenir - non ! pour moi cette palette n'a absolument rien de bien, même pas la tenue ! quand on estompe, il reste essentiellement les paillettes (encore elles !) . Finalement, elle est bien chère pour cette qualité. Il faudrait mouiller les fards peut-être (oui ! mais j'aime pas !) Premier et dernier essai Elf !

Great eye shadow, little fall out

Posted by MyDewHerb on Sep 18, 2013

The only reason this palette does not get 5 starts is due to the major fallout. Other than that, the eye shadows are highly pigmented and I think the color selection is gorgeous. Great product for a great price!

A very good buy!

Posted by 5674586904102407905 on Jan 03, 2014

These eyeshadows are good, especially when used with a primer. Colours are not too intense, but I guess that's what you get for this price. I recommend these for day wear

Dupe to a Sephora Baked Eyeshadow Palette Currently Out

Posted by lillysbeautyspot on Jun 25, 2013

I feel as though this palette is a great alternative to higher end baked eyeshadows/eyeshadow palette however without the cost; I prefer to use these eyeshadows wet as there is less fall out and hence the reason I have not given it 5 stars. If you do use the shadows dry then use a really good primer and either place powder under your eye or hold a tissue so that it doesn't wreck your makeup/foundation. Alternatively do your eye makeup first and then apply the eyeshadow afterwards. I would recommend giving this a go if you haven't tried baked eyeshadows before =)

disappointment!!!!!!

Posted by 5737437266191314801 on Jul 15, 2014

very disappointing...these eyeshadows are like fake ones, like the ones you give to little girls to play... they don't apply easily and once you apply it, there is no color to see... i lost my money!!!

AH-MA-ZING!

Posted by 5703189601016420005 on Aug 30, 2014

these are great, anyone that says they don't work/no pigment isn't using them right. WET THEM! THEY ARE BAKED EYESHADOWS! OR EVEN JUST PRIMER IT WORKS A CHARM!

Love it!

Posted by 5335652561929630881 on Sep 28, 2014

The colours are really vibrant when you wet the brush. They are shimmery but also are bold. But if you use them dry they are a bit powdery so definitely wet the brush.

Tricky

Posted by BrigittaUibo on Aug 08, 2016

Be sure that you use WET BRUSH while using this palette, because otherwise there will be no product on brush. If used correcly, then it has really strong pigment and such a nice colours! :)

Good product for a fair price

Posted by 5273492987893429582 on Oct 22, 2014

The selection of colors is good and can be used mainly to build blend-able looks for evenings. By using the more nude color sparsely, you may even get a nice day look. The palette is small, easy to handle comfortably and has a handy mirror in it. Best to use it with eye-makeup brushes. Biggest problem with the palette would be a lot of powdery-shimmery fallout. I understood that using the eye-shadows wet + on top of primer would reduce the fallout and also improve durability. I recommend this product, after some practice it can be used to create some very impressive looks.