Spirulina Powder: Go for the Green!

Posted by Howard on Dec 10, 2013

I have been using the Earthrise Spirulina Powder for over a year or so. I like adding a heaping teaspoon to my a.m. energizing smoothies, which do turn a bit green, due to adding the powder. The taste is not hardly noticeable, but make sure it is well blended. The main nutrient, according to the label is Vitamin A. In the recommended dose of 1 teaspoon (3g), 2g of protein are claimed, which is good for those on a vegetarian type diet. It also has a few other nutrients that are unique to spirulina. Using the 1 tsp dose, it should last around 2 months. I recommended it, and will keep on buying it from iHerb.

Nice spirulina

Posted by RumiFit on Oct 27, 2011

Nice product, it is sad that the taste is strong ad I can't eat it in big amounts.

Great

Posted by Reviewer3189588 on Jan 01, 2008

Quick service, great product

The most respected brand of USA spirulina

Posted by Reviewer3356239 on Aug 11, 2011

Isn't as fresh as other spirulina I've had, but pretty good at a great price!

Love it

Posted by Reviewer2840382 on May 07, 2009

Love it. I have always taken Spirulina & Chlorella and every time I stop I feel the difference. I also feel it helps with my asthma.

Besides the taste, i think its a good product

Posted by WorldPeace on Nov 03, 2009

The color is Dark Green, as it should. It seems to be a nice product. Nevertheless, the taste is definitely not good. To be fair though, this is a clean, additive free product, so it doesn't contain any chemical which covers or enhances taste. I prefer an additive free product, and i use some juice which covers its taste and all i fine. Recently, i am thinking of trying out Australian Spirulina since its the only company that produces Tablet forms of spirulina WITHOUT any silicon dioxide, or magnesium stearates, or Gelatin.

spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1985470 on Oct 12, 2010

also ,one of the products i have tried,good for youe overall health.

good?

Posted by 5466387478726642637 on Jan 21, 2014

First time user. Looks good? Only second day, not drinking too much. Doesnt taste like anything mixed with 500ml water. Color is crazy dark green!! Using as a supplement :)

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1071816 on Feb 27, 2012

This spirulina is a very rich dark blue/green color, with a manageable spirulina test (especially if mixed in a smoothy). I've only used it for about a week so I can't say if I've noticed any big differences health-wise, but so far I'm happy with it. I can't give it 5 out of 5 stars because I just haven't used it long enough.

Can't handle the taste

Posted by 4914040994383706593 on May 31, 2015

Good product, but unfortunately I can't handle the taste.