Spirulina Powder: Go for the Green!

Posted by Howard on Dec 10, 2013

I have been using the Earthrise Spirulina Powder for over a year or so. I like adding a heaping teaspoon to my a.m. energizing smoothies, which do turn a bit green, due to adding the powder. The taste is not hardly noticeable, but make sure it is well blended. The main nutrient, according to the label is Vitamin A. In the recommended dose of 1 teaspoon (3g), 2g of protein are claimed, which is good for those on a vegetarian type diet. It also has a few other nutrients that are unique to spirulina. Using the 1 tsp dose, it should last around 2 months. I recommended it, and will keep on buying it from iHerb.

great stuff

Posted by Reviewer1951496 on Dec 29, 2013

I really like this spirulina. It has a very mild taste which is a benefit, and the price is low too.

Earthrise is always a good choice for quality

Posted by naturalrecovery on Jun 16, 2012

Same quality as when I started using it about 16 years ago! Spirulina is a pretty complete food source, and easily assimilated for those of us without stomach acid. Will bind up loose guts, so be aware and drink plenty of water. Also, for those of us with protein intolerances, some of the amino acids in this fresh-water plankton may be too much for the liver to handle. I wish there were a "try before you buy" option on many of these products. Spirulina became a fad in the early 1980's, and some of us have stuck with it because of its many health benefits.

spirulina

Posted by choicesandreviews on Sep 21, 2010

Very good spirulina!

my order

Posted by Reviewer2611797 on Oct 23, 2010

I was very happy with my order.I started using this spirulina while in Calif and so far I feel it is helping me .