Eclectic Institute, Fenugreek (Freeze dried), 600 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

Reviews 3-star

Allergic Reaction

Posted by Reviewer1291676 From Michigan on Jul 10, 2012

I believe this is a very good quality, potent product. With that said I do not suffer from any allergies and after taking this Fenugreek, I experienced a severe reaction, it took me 3 times to realize what was causing it, through process of elimination I narrowed it down to the Fenugreek. I had extreme heat that went through my body along with hives that started in my face and went down through my arms and neck, my chest became tight and had a minor difficulty in breathing, this lasted for about 20-30 minutes before it subsided. After stopping Fenugreek I have not had this experience, I take many supplements, but this was one of the newer ones I was trying for Blood Sugar Control. I do continue to take the Slendatrol supplement which does contain a small amount of Fenugreek, without any reaction at this time. Also, after reading reviews about allergic reactions to fenugreek, it did say not to combine products that contain fenugreek.