Convenient way to consume kava

Posted by Reviewer2263976 on Apr 25, 2010

I bought this because I wanted Kava, but not the hassle of preparing a traditional brew, or an extract of questionable quality. I have long-term sleep problems, worsened by years of prescription hypnotic use. I didn't feel sleepy after taking this product, but I would say that my anxiety levels definitely fell. Perhaps mild by comparison to Kava drink, but there is a real calming effect.

Okay

Posted by Reviewer2218834 on Oct 27, 2010

I find passionflower or skullcap works just as well for anxiety.

Kava Kava

Posted by Reviewer2183128 on Dec 28, 2010

I have not opened the bottle yet. I am not sure about it because after some research I found that I may need to be very careful of liver damage some Kava Kava can cause. My natruopathic doctor says in moderation it maybe ok to take.

Kava Kava

Posted by Reviewer1725086 on May 28, 2011

It does not help with sleep which was the reason I order it.

Does not work for me

Posted by Reviewer3146701 on Dec 12, 2011

I was hoping that it would help with sleep, I got relaxed but still woke up a lot.

Good quality product a bit harsh on the liver.

Posted by Reviewer2727227 on Jul 22, 2012

I believe that Eclectic Institute makes very good products. This one is no exception but Kava Kava extracts may pose a risk of hepatoxicity. Use of this products should be limited to acute or intermittent use: Reference: Constituents in kava extracts potentially involved in hepatotoxicity: a review. Olsen LR, Grillo MP, Skonberg C. Chem Res Toxicol. 2011 Jul 18;24(7):992-1002. Epub 2011 May 3. Review. PMID: 21506562 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Related citations

OK

Posted by Reviewer1892156 on Jul 07, 2008

Working fine. No side effects at this time