good for insomnia

Posted by Reviewer3112194 on Aug 15, 2012

I take a couple of these with a now foods valarian root before I go to bed, works really well, I also like the now foods kava kava, I think I prefer now foods kava kava during the day but this works a treat before bed with valerian root.

Good quality product a bit harsh on the liver.

Posted by Reviewer2727227 on Jul 22, 2012

I believe that Eclectic Institute makes very good products. This one is no exception but Kava Kava extracts may pose a risk of hepatoxicity. Use of this products should be limited to acute or intermittent use: Reference: Constituents in kava extracts potentially involved in hepatotoxicity: a review. Olsen LR, Grillo MP, Skonberg C. Chem Res Toxicol. 2011 Jul 18;24(7):992-1002. Epub 2011 May 3. Review. PMID: 21506562 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Related citations

the best I've tried

Posted by Reviewer2772212 on Jul 14, 2012

I've had 3 other brands and this is the most potent for me.Excellent for muscle tension and sleep.

not much effect, but side effects.

Posted by Reviewer2577406 on Jan 12, 2012

granted, i notice a definite relaxation.. but this is not a sedative. you have to intentionally try to get to sleep, as you normally would. the side effects seem to outweigh the good effects. even after using only one capsule i would experience extreme dehydration, headaches, and a diuretic effect. not exactly what i'm looking for when i'm trying to relax.

excellent

Posted by Reviewer1052411 on Dec 14, 2011

relaxes me so I sleep better and it's more portable than the liquid extract I used before

Does not work for me

Posted by Reviewer3146701 on Dec 12, 2011

I was hoping that it would help with sleep, I got relaxed but still woke up a lot.

Seems to be working

Posted by Reviewer2280062 on Oct 26, 2011

I purchased this to help with anxiety issues, and I have felt significantly less anxious after taking one capsule in the morning. I haven't noticed any side effects. I've been using it fairly infrequently,for only a few days at a time at most.

seems to work for anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1735756 on Aug 31, 2011

Seems to keep my anxiety under control from panicking.

kavakava

Posted by Reviewer2322066 on Aug 25, 2011

Prefer whole lateral root KavaKava and was glad to see it here

excellent