Calm

Posted by Reviewer1442866 on Oct 25, 2010

I took 2 pills, 2Xs a day for a couple of days. I was not tired and felt much better. I think Kava is a good herb to use to bring down that Adrenalin rush one gets at rather tense times. I do not use it on an ongoing basis. Meditation/ deep breathing and Kava, good combo.

So usefull !

Posted by Reviewer2199121 on Aug 31, 2010

This product takes away the stress. It has a real effect on anxiety.

My Saviour !

Posted by Reviewer2305911 on Aug 27, 2010

I am a male in the late 30s. My background: For the past 12 years I have suffering from upper backache resulting in poor night sleep. Past decade or so, I've have treid various traditonal massages, acupuncture, Anarex (muscle relaxant) & exercises, spend tonnes of money all with limited result. Past year or so, I started to develop shoulder/neck ache. I was informed by chiropractor that the back muscle spasm is now pulling the shoulder & neck muscle. I truly wonder how I am going to go thru life with these problems nagging at me constantly. Things got worst when took up regional job involving frequent travelling, I started to have anxiety which keeps me up almost the whole night. Firstly, I tried 5 HTP, L Tryptophan, Valarian root & Melatonin. Again, with limited success. I later turned to prescription drugs: Anti Histamine, Stillnox & Diazapam. The latter 2 are very effective but Drs keep advising me I am heading towards a downward spiral. I was really worried for my health & got depressed. I guess someone upstairs thinks that I have had enough, I came across KAVA on this website & red the consumers' feedback and decided to give it a go. This is the Silver bullet that I have been searching for !! (I only take 2 of this natural wonder an hour before going to bed & nothing else). For those of you who can relate to my history, do give it a try. I hope that it is also your silver bullet. Best wishes...Eric

Great stuff for a fantastic price.

Posted by Reviewer1963359 on Aug 04, 2010

i've been taking kava kava off and on for over a year now. I usually purchase it at Whole Foods but lately the price keeps creeping up. The last time I went I was horrified! The kava kava capsules that I'd been taking (that were around $18 when I first started buying them a year or so ago) are now $28.99!!!! I immediately started looking for an alternative online. I'd tried some of the Eclectic Institute's products previously and had been happy with them so I was VERY excited to see they had a kava kava supplement AND it was very reasonably priced. I've since tried the kava kava and can also say that they work perfectly. I would recommend both the company and this specific product to anyone!

Didn't work for me

Posted by Reviewer2032974 on Jul 08, 2010

This did nothing for me. Did not relax me one bit. Good Luck! maybe it just doesn't work for everyone

kava user

Posted by Reviewer3332322 on May 27, 2010

Have used many different brands but this is best working and only need 1 for a good night sleep. Even giving it to my husband.

Can't live without it.

Posted by Reviewer1671340 on May 03, 2010

Helps me since I have gone off of Effexor and Lexapro prescribed for perimenopausal syndrome.

Convenient way to consume kava

Posted by Reviewer2263976 on Apr 25, 2010

I bought this because I wanted Kava, but not the hassle of preparing a traditional brew, or an extract of questionable quality. I have long-term sleep problems, worsened by years of prescription hypnotic use. I didn't feel sleepy after taking this product, but I would say that my anxiety levels definitely fell. Perhaps mild by comparison to Kava drink, but there is a real calming effect.

Weak. Powder isn't fine enough.

Posted by Reviewer2110492 on Apr 16, 2010

I had very high hopes for this brand and product type. I saw that this was just ground up powder kava root, so I was hoping to get good results from it. There was a product called Kava King which had real micronized powder so that if you put them into capsules and took about 5 of them, the effects were amazingly relaxing. Unfortunately, I think Kava King went out of business, and nobody else is doing the same thing of making finely ground kava root. Yes, there are many who offer powder, but really, it's not ground up finely enough to give you good effects just by mixing the powder with water or swallowing them in pill form. In fact, with most of the kava root powder, the only way to get good effects is to use a strainer and squeeze the kavalactones out of the powder. I was hoping for the same effects as the Kava King brand with Eclectic because I assumed that if they're selling just root powder in capsule form, they must have ground up fine enough. But I saw that the powder isn't ground up finely enough so that compared to Kava King. So I took about 20 pills in one sitting with hardly any effects. The next time around, I took the same amount and strained it the traditional way, and finally, there was some noticeable kava effect. The point is that just grinding up kava root and taking it won't do much for you. The powder has to be EXTREMELY fine for it to have effect taking it pill form. I don't know about people who say they get extremely good effects taking just 2 capsules, but I can say that you'll get better effects just buying kava powder from reputable online vendors who specialize in kava root powder. As of today, I don't know of any vendor who actually sells micronized kava root powder. I only know a few vendors who call them micronized for marketing effect, but aren't actually. I also know those who actually sell dried kava juice prepared in the traditional way, and that is currently the only decent method of taking kava in pill form. Bottom line: This product is pretty weak in my experience. If it works for you, great, but you'd get much better deals preparing them in traditional ways, or buying them in traditional forms and then putting them in capsules yourself.

Excellent Brand.

Posted by Reviewer3321510 on Mar 30, 2010

I have read that purchasing kava kava in capsule form is a waste of money -- that the tinure is superior. That's crap. I've tried both, and this is by far the best brand I've ever tried. If you're stressed out, or dealing with difficult people, this stuff will greatly improve your attitude. Have already reordered.