New To iHerb?

Eco-Dent, Daily Care, Baking Soda Toothpowder, Anise, 2 oz (56 g)

Best toothpowder ever! SLS?

Posted by PurplePegasus on Aug 07, 2010

I love this one! Great anise taste; I use it about 7 times a day! My teeth look very clean. I have horrendous tooth pain from probably cavities and brushing with this doesn't hurt at all. My teeth feel really clean. The pain has subsided. My only concern is does this one contain SLS? All the other flavors list SLS except this one. My email to the company bounced. Did Eco-Dent forget to list SLS? This foams quite a bit with only a tiny bit of powder. A google search indicates that even "coconut derived" SLS is toxic. (All SLS is "coconut derived" with chemicals added.) I hope Eco-Dent will respond to this. Note: anise does NOT taste like licorice! Anise is light & sweet & very pleasant (& is sometimes used to flavor licorice).

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2517781 on Sep 02, 2008

Regular toothpastes contain glycerin which traps acids on the teeth (particularly if you are consiencious and always brush after meals). This does not contain glycerin and does a very good job of cleaning teeth and mouth. If more people knew about the problems with glycerin, more people would be using this and regular toothpaste would go out of fashion.

Contains suspected ingredient

Posted by Reviewer1252766 on Sep 12, 2012

Excellent taste but unfortunately contains Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate that is a Nitrosating Agent, the chemical can cause nitrosamine contaminations, which have been determined to form cancer in laboratory animals. That's why only 1 star from me.

The best toothpowder, great flavor for using with homeopathics

Posted by Reviewer1366194 on Dec 10, 2009

I've used Eco-Dent for many years and my dentist always comments on how healthy my gums and teeth are (of course, I dental floss every day too, and never drink fluoridated water!). The flavor is nice and good if you're taking homeopathics (a strong mint flavor can supposedly antidote some remedies).

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1358842 on May 26, 2011

I really like this. It foams nicely and makes my teeth feel very clean. When I first saw the bottle, I worried it wouldn't last long. But after using it, I think it will actually last a long time. I sprinkle a dime or nickel amount into my palm, then wet the toothbrush, pick up the powder and start brushing. This produces a good amount of foam, if not I add a bit more. Flavor is interesting, a combo of baking soda, sea salt and Anise (mild licorice).