Great product

Posted by 5335804867162299475 on Apr 15, 2015

I'm always happy to come across a good quality Miso that is sold as being gluten free. I'm not coeliac, just a bit sensitive, I get a bloated sore stomach when I eat gluten containing foods. I haven't noticed any reaction to this at all so I am very happy. It is a different flavour to the brown rice miso I used to buy which I am not loving at the moment, but then it took me a while to get a taste for the last one so hopefully I will get used to this one.

Didn't realise it is imported from Japan

Posted by Reviewer1736997 on Apr 23, 2016

Product is fine, but it is imported by Eden Foods from Japan. Because of radiation continue to flow from Fukushima, better if Eden finds another supplier, or make its own. Still, this Miso is superb.

Great for soups and also as a replacement for salt

Posted by 5663885162004096988 on Jan 19, 2014

I use this to make Japanese miso soup for my family, and also as a healthier replacement for salt in cooking. A little goes a long way.

Superfood

Posted by archeiherb on Dec 13, 2015

I think miso is kind of superfood. But this product is quite different from japanese miso. It's more like soysauce soup. I will try other type of Eden's miso.

Great product - does not heat well

Posted by 5523184361314307279 on Apr 17, 2016

Love the taste and texture. However, the package says it can compliment stir-fry's as a substitute for soy sauce. I have tried using this in a pan with other food on the stove and it does NOT absorb/melt well - like soy sauce. As an alternative - it's flavor is superior to soy - but lacks in the ability to absorb and infuse.

Miso

Posted by Reviewer3259375 on Mar 05, 2009

Very good.

Great taste,

Posted by Reviewer2778088 on Feb 22, 2010

good ingredients

Miso replaces salt, adds flavor

Posted by Reviewer1867906 on Apr 10, 2012

Miso is new to us. I replaced salt with it in my veggie/bean soup and got more flavor than expected. What a nice surprise! A squeeze package with a nozzle would have been a better way to package because it's so thick.