Organic Genmaicha, Green Tea with Brown Rice

Posted by Reviewer2018864 on Nov 07, 2008

This tea is absolutely delicious and refreshing. It has the taste of toasted rice, the kind you get when you cook rice and a crust forms at the bottom of the pot. You traditionally add water to this crust of rice and you get a wonderful toasted rice tea. With this tea bag you get the same flavor.

One of my favorite teas

Posted by Reviewer2752777 on Nov 08, 2008

I like the tea's earthy flavor, which emphasizes the brown rice over the green tea. Some green teas can be too acidic for me; this one balances the acidity level with the brown rice that makes it easier on my stomach.

Mr. S

Posted by Reviewer1942215 on Nov 19, 2008

Brown rice in tea sounds odd, but it adds a great flavor and mellows the green tea. Highly recommended.

Jummy!

Posted by holahola on Jan 12, 2011

Taste SO good! And you really taste the round, mild flavour of brown rice. Not bitter at all even though its green tea. Sencha is the best!

excellent tea

Posted by x-tine on Jan 11, 2012

Genmaicha is one of my absolute favorite teas and Eden makes a fine blend. The little bits of toasted brown rice lend a flavor that can't be beat!

Simone

Posted by Reviewer3137418 on Feb 09, 2008

The tea isn't as nicely blended as I'd hoped. The roasted brown rice flavor is there, but it lacks the green tea flavor I was hoping for as well. I don't think I would recommend it. I prefer a more potent and more balanced Genmaicha.

very tasty and strong tea

Posted by jorje2 on Nov 19, 2013

very tasty and strong tea

awesome

Posted by 5001900185464352505 on Jul 13, 2014

this tastes great!!!

Delicious!

Posted by 5273168023097463292 on Aug 27, 2014

I tasted genmaicha at a sushi restaurant, and was not expecting much (green tea with rice? Weird!), but found it delicious, and this tea is just as good! I love it, and have already reordered. It taste simply of a subtle green tea with rice.

Great toasted rice flavour

Posted by Penelope11 on Jan 25, 2015

Toasted rice is a very welcome alternative to the fruity and spicy flavours. And the green Senchsa tea is of very good quality. A staple in my tea selection from now on.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »