Eden Foods, Kuzu Root Starch

Posted by Reviewer1584344 on Apr 30, 2010

This is a superior product. It is wonderful to use for thickening sauces and does not alter the taste of foods. I also add it to my gluten free bread recipes to improve the texture of the bread. I am very pleased with this product and would highly recommend it to others.

Great thickener

Posted by Reviewer1057412 on Mar 08, 2009

I have used this product for years. Just mix in a little cold water and stir it to veges own hot cooking broth and you have a thickened sauce instantly.

Posted by OldWoman on Apr 10, 2015

I saw Andrea Beaman use this to thicken her foods and she said it's healthy starch for thickening sauces, gravies, soups, desserts, and more. It adds no flavor to your foods. You dissolve it in cold water then add to hot liquid. She said Kuzu is a long valued health food for soothing the stomach and strengthening the intestines which is why I'll use it from now on.

Great thickener

Posted by Reviewer2526088 on Sep 15, 2010

This works so good to make a sauce for vegetables or stir fry or fruit syrup. Just add to some cold water along with desired seasoning in a small jar, shake well, then pour onto hot cooked vegetables. Stir as it will thicken quickly

Good natural thickener

Posted by Reviewer1571099 on Nov 07, 2011

Paleo safe thickener, works good for gravies and sauces, doesn't impart any taste on the things it's added to.

excellent

Posted by Reviewer1052477 on Nov 22, 2011

I'm very attentive about what I'm using in my kitchen. Long ago I stopped using vegetable cubes or starches of any kind to thicken soup or goulash. Since I found this product that you only need to use sparingly to achieve the quality of smooth, tick soup, I don't need to add anything else but vegetables and spices to get the most delicious soups ever!

love it!

Posted by 5758423126095855129 on May 21, 2014

this is so much better when i use it in small portioned meals, it is a better alternative for corn starch as it is commonly used in Japan.

Eden Foods Organic Kuzu Root Starch is a Versatile Thickener!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015

Appreciate that this product is organic. Eden Organic Kuzu Root Starch is a versatile, superior thickener that doesn't separate after cooking like others. It is great for sauces, pie fillings, gravy, desserts and soups. Kuzu is a long valued health food for soothing the stomach and strengthening the intestines.

makes a nice sauce

Posted by Reviewer1052411 on Feb 23, 2012

I got this as a corn starch alternative..works well.

Kuzu Starch

Posted by Reviewer2672073 on Dec 04, 2012

I use this starch for frying and I am very satisfied with it.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »