• Customer Ratings

Edwards Creamed coconut: careful it's not that creamy

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Apr 04, 2013

I was soooo looking forward to creamed coconut: the kind you get in India or at the local Indian store. I expected it to be like coconut cream or at least like the milk, but thicker. No it is not. I tried some in a drink and ended up chewing gritty coconut. Sort of like chewing those cheap coconut cookies made up of the cheapest dried shredded coconut. I do feel rather resentful at being cheated. Definitely not a cream, but simply shredded coconut. At least they could have left it in their blender a little longer if they are just going to cheaply blend up a coconut rather than pressing out the dreamy creamy goodness.

Very dissapointed

Posted by 5205519045690051095 on Dec 07, 2015

I ordered these cause I wanted to avoid the Aluminum and BPA they have in cans. I thought it's a box and the coconut cream is in it (which I have bought before by a different brand) open it to find a plastic bag with coconut cream in it, which means I have to put a plastic not BPA free bag in hot water! which means it releases all different kinds of toxins into the organic coconut cream (which is no longer organic or natural or healthy once you've done that) So if you are looking for organic natural coconut cream stay away from this product because the only way for it to be usable is to put the plastic bag in hot water. I am extremely disappointed with this product. Threw it out and won't ever buy it again.

Can't recommend!

Posted by EvasiHerb on Mar 16, 2012

Curiously, rock hard, unwieldy product. Will never buy this again!

Very sticky and thick

Posted by 5089385741631166244 on Feb 28, 2016

The content took awhile to melt in the hot water, it has a yellow tinct and not pure white like coconut cream. Also after melted it is extremely thick and sticky like something was added to make it that way. I felt it's too way off the natural coconut cream I usually have.