good but just a little too sweet

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Sep 13, 2011

Very good, not artificial, and no after-taste. To my taste it is sweeter than sugar, but is easily adjusted for. I add it to my morning cup of tea to reduce the amount of demerara sugar I use.

love it

Posted by Reviewer3256174 on Aug 17, 2011

It is my favorite!

Best Sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2556412 on Aug 12, 2011

I don't know why xylitol has been kept such a secret. It is far superior to sugar - tastes great, satisfies the sweet craving without any feeling of needing more. You can feel that it is good for you

Xylitol, emerald Forest Sugar

Posted by Reviewer2339216 on Jul 23, 2011

Wonderful product. Tastes just like sugar! Very pleased and will order again!

Posted by HealthMinded71 on Jun 16, 2011

Just received, it has a different name on my bag though, XYLA. Seems Emerald Forest changed the name of it, but no big deal! LOVE that this is made from birch hardwood instead of corn fibers! Especially since I am allergic to corn products. The crystals are big, not fine. Kind of like colored sugar for cake or cookie decorations, but no big deal at all to me! Just wanted to share for those who prefer a finer sugar, but hey if that is a big deal, you can always use a coffe grinder or blender to make it more fine or powdery. NO aftertaste whatsoever and is very clean tasting, pure crystal sugar. I used it on oatmeal this morning and you'd never know cane sugar wasn't in it. Plan on making some limeade with it later today. :) Beware of other companies...........Emerald Forest is USA GMO free xylitol from birch NOT corn. Also alot of other companies charge less because it's produced in china.....therefore labor is cheaper, so product is cheaper. AMERICAN made for me and my family and love that it's BIRCH! Now, to see if it helps with our sinus probs and asthma. :) P.S. It IS safe for diabetics to use and is LOW on glycemic index scale AND is safe for candida sufferers also! It helps eliminate all kinds of nasties from our systems! Birch is far superior to corn xylitol!

good!

Posted by FataMorgana on Jun 13, 2011

Xylitol is similar to a traditional sugar, but has more white.

Very similar to granulated white sugar, and very good

Posted by Reviewer1055349 on May 27, 2011

This looks, taste and cooks very well, with no unpleasant aftertaste at all. However, I do not know if it safe for diabetics, or for those who need to drastically reduce sugar in their diet (e.g. candida sufferers).

Excellent product, not finely grinded

Posted by Ozbeach on May 19, 2011

I am happy with this product. For now, I Prefer to buy Xylitol made from Birch trees instead of corncobs (unless country of origin and non GMO stated) even though it is probably more sustainable to buy made from corncobs. I like that it is made in USA (no dodgy origin). The only negative point (hence the 3 stars) is that it is not very fine (1-2 mm) but given the savings I make (even with the postage fees to Australia, it is 1/2 price from local shops), I will keep ordering it. Thumbs up for I-Herb fast and efficient service.

Thank heavens for birch bark xylitol!

Posted by Reviewer3286297 on May 05, 2011

Just got this and love it. We previously received another xylitol and did not realise that it was corn-based. My two younger children reacted really badly. Now that we are back to the original birch bark xylitol were feeling so much better!