Still evaluating

Posted by newday on Sep 29, 2013

My first impression of this product was negative. I didn't think it held my pain at bay as well as other glucosamine products.However I like the convenience and so am going to pay attention over the next week to see if that opinion changes. I take a minimum of 1500 mg of glucosamine to reach my minimum arthritic pain relief. I've been using liquid glucosamine for several years but after a reformulation of NOW Joint Support, have been searching around. I trust Enzymatic Therapy and have used many of their products so wanted to try this. First they are truthful - 90% dissolves. I would suggest using room temp water or juice for maximum dissolve-ability. This is a crystalline form not a powder. It is very easy to rip open the packets and being able to carry them with you is very helpful. There is a sweet taste to this unflavored product. It's not a taste I like - it's sweet stevia. Mixed in juice you wouldn't notice it. So the important question for me is - is this as effective as other glucosamine products in controlling my hip pain. I've taken 10 of the packets and so far I don't think so. However I may be at a point where I need to increase my dose to 2000 with any product.