Shhhh...I can cheat the tiniest bit with wheat when I take this

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jul 31, 2012

My former doctor had prescribed Prilosec a few years ago for my horrible heartburn and acid reflux. I don't like to take medications like that, so instead I started taking digestive enzymes. My sweetie and I have both experienced significant improvement on these enzymes, much better digestion and no more heartburn or reflux. I had to give up gluten for health reasons a year or so ago, but with this enzyme I can let a *little* wheat slip in every now and then. I don't mean a bagel, but maybe a light breadcrumb coating that otherwise I would not be able to handle. I *do not* have Celiac or anything that would send me to the hospital with a little slip, so please don't try it if your own gluten intolerance is that severe! The Digest Spectrum also helps me to better digest dairy than does the plain Enzymedica Digest. The only con for me is the price if we want to take one before every meal (and sometimes 2 before heavy or extra rich food). I keep trying other brands to see if I can get on to something as effective at a lower price, but this one is the best for me.

Immune system did not like it

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 30, 2013

My immune system did not like it, along with the other Enzymedica products I've tried - this is one of the ones that caused most grief. Good quality, but expensive. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

relief

Posted by Reviewer1218525 on Nov 04, 2011

I purchased this product when looking for relief from fructose mal and found that I had instead relief, it even allows me to eat foods that would previously cause me serve bloating and cramps. Highly recommend

Digest Spectrum

Posted by Reviewer1254701 on Aug 09, 2011

I have fructose malabsorption and Digest Spectrum is a gift to treasure. The service was so fast I could hardly believe it. Received it withing few days of ordering, which would not be unusual but for a fact that the delivery was to Australia!

Best enzymes I have tried yet

Posted by Umbridge on Mar 04, 2012

I have IBS and follow a low FODMAP diet. I use these when I am having something high in FODMAPs or when it's a special occasion and I eat more than normal. It doesn't take away the bloating completely, but it certainly alleviates the pain and discomfort. Doesn't work for fructose or fructans, but works well for legumes and dairy.