Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Enzymedica, Enzyme Defense, 120 Capsules

Reviews 4-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

It is one of the best proteolytic enzymes blend. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When taken on an empty stomach, the enzymes will enter our body and aids our bodily proteolytic function. This can be very beneficial as majority of the enzymes produced in our body are proteases. These proteolytic enzymes will help to clean the dead protein and debris in our body and other metabolic. This in turn allows the enzymes in our body to do other important tasks that it is unable to do efficiently earlier. (Thinking of it as hiring a helper to clean up your house so that you have the time to do other stuffs) This is particularly important in this age as our body is constantly stressed by eating of dead food, work stress, lack of sleep, environmental factors, chemical exposure etc. Our body is constantly overburdened with too many concurrent tasks that it can’t constantly deal with. This leads to compromised immune system (our immune uses enzymes to kill bacteria, virus etc), poor blood circulation (due to blood clots and debris in bloodstream), allergies (undigested proteins like gluten irritating the body), inflammation, compromised lung function (mucus not being cleared) and others. This product is good because it contains high amount of proteases (therapeutic level), 8 strains of proteases (different proteases work only within certain pH value), vegetarian (not extracted from questionable animal proteases), no flow agents/binders (magnesium stearate etc) and contains other specialised enzymes which also aid our body. The capsules are not big and easy to swallow. The only downside is that it contains calcium and magnesium from a cheap source to use as filler. The time is to use is very important. 1 hour before or 2 hours after meal! Any sooner or later, the enzymes will end up digesting your food instead. If you are using more than 1 capsule each time, I would recommend that you upgrade to Virastop x2 from the same company. It has twice as much enzyme per capsule and it’s cheaper too. Pricewise, it’s fairly expensive if you require a lot of capsules daily and is from Enzymedica (best enzyme producer but expensive). There are proteolyic enzymes from other brands that are cheaper as well. Note that you can also use digestive enzymes from other brands as a cheaper source since the timing of taking the enzymes is what affects if it is meant for digestive or proteolytic purposes. Personally, it helps to keep the mucus/phlegm away, boost my immune system significant and allows our body to recover much faster after a workout. Check out my page for more reviews!

Virastop shortened my sinus infection

Posted by Reviewer1398592 on Mar 14, 2010

I used Virastop with some natural antibiotics and my sinus infection cleared out in 2 days. That type of infection usually takes about a week and I end up taking prescription antibiotics just to get rid of the infection. So far so good. I will use it on other members of my family.

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1146405 on Apr 13, 2010

I have used this for a month, no colds or flu yet, also my skin has cleared up of 80% of my acne. Timing taking this on an empty stomach is annoying but necessary with this.

good

Posted by Reviewer3295658 on Mar 14, 2009

I started taking it a few weeks ago for fibroids. I don't know yet if it is helping me with fibroids. What I noticed that it does help me sleep better. I take it before going to sleep (2) and 2 when I wake up.

No side effects

Posted by Reviewer3101757 on Jan 27, 2012

I've been taking this according to the recommended dosage with no side effects. In fact I actually noticed it cleared some of my re-occuring blemishes. I do take this on and off so it's hard to give a full review but since taking it I have not been sick. I am around sick children frequently and have not been under the weather yet.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »