Great, long term anti-inflammaory

Posted by Reviewer3340957 on Aug 11, 2011

I have used turmeric (and enteric coated bromelain -available in NOW brand) to reduce inflammation gradually & naturally. It ALMOST eliminates the need for aspirin & Aleve on such a frequent basis. Some of you may know that (the stomach problems not-with-standing) the other long term effect of too much NSAIDs is the ironic result; breaking down of connective tissue, causing MORE arthritis and pain in the long run!! Yep. Check into it yourself.

Not as expected.

Posted by Reviewer1547814 on Jul 11, 2012

I was using another brand of turmeric. It's potency was measured in millagrams. The other brand was working wonderfully for pain and inflammation but was very expensive. I was using 1500 mg twice a day in a tea mixture. This Frontier brand is a lot darker in color, which I am told means it is a better grade of turmeric. It smells like dirt and the taste is so bitter, I can't stand to use more than a teaspoon at a time. I have to force myself to drink the tea made with it. The other brand was a joy to drink, I looked forward to it. I've been using the Frontier brand for about a week and all of pain and inflammation has returned. I'm going back to the expensive brand as soon as I can get to the store. If you want to use Turmeric for pain and inflammation, I would not recommend this brand. I cant imagine anyone cooking with this stuff, I tastes horrible.

Not that I have expected!

Posted by Reviewer1261926 on Oct 15, 2012

I tryed turmeric from India and this product have not a indian taste. Brown and bitter! I expected yellow colour and sweet taste.

Colour not right.

Posted by 5534303202323310979 on Jan 11, 2016

This is from China and is not organic. Taste and smelt different from the organic or certified organic Turmeric. Used in dog food ok for this. Thanks iherb for wonderful customer service and fast delivery!

Look very carefully first...

Posted by Reviewer1110747 on Feb 28, 2016

I found little pieces of something in it that looks almost like hair, but is something else I can't determine. Needless to say, I won't be buying this one again. I must admit that I don't know this kind of turmeric well enough to know if that's normal; however, I certainly don't trust it. Whatever it is, it's small enough to go unnoticed by many people. I suggest getting some in a spoon up to the light, and slowly pour it out and you can see a piece stick out a bit. I see one in about every two teaspoons.

The real stuff.

Posted by 5736808223224308085 on Jan 18, 2013

Seems to be very good quality product. Widely used in Indian cooking and considered to be an anti inflammatory. Laboratory studies show that it has anti cancer properties. It works well in American style cooking as a flavor enhancer if you don't go too far with the quantity. It adds to the flavor and color of cornbread in a small amount. Try adding a small amount and working up. It would be good for us Americans if we learned how to use it widely and regularly.

Can't Go Wrong Here

Posted by Reviewer2278133 on Jun 08, 2011

It's exactly what you'd expect, pure turmeric.

Tasty

Posted by NaturalMystics on Aug 01, 2012

I like to put a tsp in my morning shake it really keeps my meals from being so boring.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer3306205 on Nov 20, 2012

Great price too. Will continue to buy

Mild

Posted by Reviewer1945467 on Apr 07, 2011

Good fro lots of stuff. Look it up.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »