Best Sellers New Products Super Specials! Product Trials Clearance

Frontier Natural Products, Nutritional Yeast, Mini Flakes, 16 oz (453 g)

Microscopic flakes.

Posted by Reviewer2716944 on Apr 17, 2011

I was hoping this would look more like fish food flakes, but it looks like a nutritional yeast powder. It's delicious still, but it is not FLAKES; I would call it "nutritional yeast powder" or "ground nutritional yeast." It tastes the same, so it's great as a mix in, but less pleasant as a topping or shake-on item since it lacks the texture of flakes. As a component of dressings or sauces, you may use a little less than called for since it's smaller and fits more densely into a measuring cup. :)

BUYER BEWARE! The nutrition content has been changed.

Posted by 5024896378657911321 on Aug 02, 2014

I bought this especially for the high protein content and added vitamin B12. When I received the product I read the nutrition facts label and to my surprise, not only have the company reduced the protein content from 8g to 7g per serving, they have also removed the vitamin B12 altogether! They have also removed the B12 from their Nutritional Yeast powder too. I feel like I've been deceived, so for this reason I will not be buying either of these Frontier products again.

Great deal!

Posted by Reviewer3027906 on Sep 02, 2012

I love using frontier nutritional yeast to get my b vitamins. Iherb has cheapest price!

Yum! Love this stuff

Posted by supplementguru on Apr 13, 2013

This is by far my favorite product. I use this on almost everything, including pasta, rice, eggs, vegetables, salads and my favorite, popcorn! You can use it to make dips, dressings, sauces or put in your smoothies. It is a good source of B vitamins, including vitamin B12 for vegans. It has a nice cheese-like flavor that my son just loves. He puts it on everything, I even caught him just eating it with a spoon. It also is a good source of protein and is salt and gluten free. .

good flavor, fine product

Posted by x-tine on Jan 16, 2012

These seem fresher than versions available in bulk bins of health food stores. It has a finer, almost powdery texture that blends well with just about anything.