Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Frontier Natural Products, Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, Ground, 1.76 oz (50 g)

Sweet Cinammon!!!

Posted by Reviewer2091347 on Jun 13, 2011

I was reading about the difference between Cassia and Ceylon cinammon and decided to try this since everything else on (or off) the shelf seems to be "Cassia". I have to say this one reminds me more of what I must have grown up eating and I loooooove cinammon. This Ceylon cinammon smells so much sweeter and is safer than the others - especially if you like to sprinkle in large quantities!! Really good stuff AND organic!

Ok: A Bit Bland

Posted by Reviewer2888766 on Aug 10, 2011

This is definitely a very mild-flavored cinnamon. Oddly enough, it reminds me of ground peppercorns without the spicy kick. I prefer the cassia cinnamon for its robust, aromatic, spicy-sweet goodness. For me and my cinnamon-lovin' tastbuds, this product's flavor falls flat for me.

Great price for Organic Ceylon Cinnamon!

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Aug 15, 2012

I have a hard time finding organic Ceylon Cinnamon in local stores, especially at a great price like this. It wasn't too long ago that I learned that not all cinnamon is created equal, and that Ceylon cinnamon, also known as "true cinnamon" had the health benefits as well as complex taste I was seeking. Delicious, smoother and almost sweeter compared to Cassia cinnamon. I use it daily when I brew coffee to take out the bitterness.

Luxury , gourmet, but strange!

Posted by Reviewer29875314 on Jun 24, 2012

I was waiting for months and month for this product to arrive at IHerbs, but when I bought it, I got disappointed. The undertaste and scent is too dry for me, very unusual. I am used to cinnamon, that has sugary, sweet undertaste. So I gave this cinammon to my frined, she liked it a lot, but I will give my 3 starts. Sorry, maybe my scent and taste receptors are not very well developed :)

Love it