Frontier Natural Products, Certified Organic Cocoa Powder, 16 oz (453 g)

Good stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2010946 on Jul 05, 2011

Nice cocoa! I use it in water like instant coffee with a bit of added cream and stevia, and it's good when you want chocolate without a huge hit of sugar. In the summer I use it cold, and in the winter, hot. If you want to take the time in the summer, it helps it blend better by using hot water and then allowing it to cool. Put it in the fridge and it's ready to go the next day. I add the different liquid stevias and sometimes some hazelnut or vanilla extract as well, and some instant coffee works nice, too.

great deal!

Posted by Reviewer1985880 on Jul 07, 2011

great price for organic cocoa

Great Product - Very Handy

Posted by Reviewer2186607 on Jan 28, 2012

In using this to quit coffee - I am glad to say that this product, in water alone - helped to 'quench' the bitter taste I was looking for in a morning beverage - without using cream or agave - it makes a great substitute for the flavor - however, there's nothing that I've found that comes close to the smell of fresh brewed coffee as a substitute. I did use this in conjunction with Pero - and it works quite well - but still the smell wasn't there. In fact, I'm drinking a cup of this now - 1/4 tsp of cocoa powder (give or take) with 1 tsp of pero - no sweetener or cream - and a few raw cocoa nibs on my desk to munch on - and I'm okay without coffee. 3 Days and counting. I know the 'pain' of having a set back when quitting coffee - so as long as no one brews a pot of coffee in the house while I'm in the early days here - I will be fine with this set up - even if it were to happen that I smelled fresh brewed coffee, the memory of the weeks of sluggishness, nagging headaches and eye twitches that came with my last 'set back' when I accidentally got served 'real' 100% full caffeine coffee - really made an impression on me I won't soon forget - so as long as I have this Cocoa Powder and my Pero - I'm good to go. (I've been a coffee drinker and a 'decaf' mocker for almost 35 years. Its been 1 month since I started quitting (using half caf coffee mixed with alternatives - progressively getting weaker and weaker (adding more alternatives to the coffee and using less coffee) - and now its been actually 3 days since I have had caffeine/coffee) I know that the raw cocoa nibs and the cocoa products do have some caffeine - but the chemicals used in processing coffee are not being consumed anymore - and - some chocolate is good for you - and I don't find that it is that addictive for me - especially in its raw, unsweetened form - that is a safe way to get off coffee for me at least. Good luck to those who are trying to quit!

Delicious and Healthy!

Posted by Reviewer2031919 on Feb 28, 2012

This cocoa powder is smooth and not too sweet, exactly like what I am looking for! I like to mix 1 teaspoon of the cocoa in the hot coffee,then freeze it in the fridge to make a healthy mocha frappe!

Terrific

Posted by Reviewer1249481 on Feb 28, 2012

Packaging was 100% sealed. This helps me make the best home-made Hot-Chocolate Instant Mix. (Recipe from Alton Brown of the "Good Eats" television show)