Disappointed Cheese Lover

Posted by 4858259496555024565 on Mar 23, 2013

I have been purchasing the "non-Organic" version of this product and have just been told it was been discontinued (no reason given). Since I love the other product so much I though I would try the Organic version (mistakenly thinking it would be the same). I really wanted to like this product, especially since it is Organic. I am sad to say, this "Organic" version is not only NOT the same, it tastes AWFUL. Upon taking my first bite, all I tasted was salt. When you taste the other version (non-Organic), you taste CHEESE. This Organic version is more granular and the other is light and fluffy. I even tried cooking with the Organic product as I do the other and instead of toasting or browning properly, it burns. Cheese should not burn unless you cook it at too high of a temperature (I cooked it on low!). Upon close inspection of the ingredients, the Organic version has things added that the non-Organic version doesn't (like whey and non-fat milk). To the folks that love this: Try the on-Organic version and you will see and taste the difference. This Organic product is so bad I am going to send it back. Sadly, you will have to get the non-Organic version from another place.

Again the real thing.

Posted by 5736808223224308085 on Jan 18, 2013

You can make your own macaroni and cheese without using a packaged mix and with more cheese. Add some milk powder and some oil or margarine. You can make it much better than the prepared mix. Also add it to polenta for cheese grits. Better than buying blocks of cheese and trying to store it till needed.

staple in my cupboard

Posted by Reviewer2583999 on Jan 25, 2012

I have been using Frontier cheese powder for years. Great for sauces and mac and cheese and soups.

Easy Mac & Cheese

Posted by Reviewer2495073 on Dec 15, 2011

Add to pasta with a little milk and butter and you have mac and cheese...my kids love it!

Better than nasty old Kraft - now organic-ized!

Posted by RodericRinehart on Nov 07, 2011

Boil pasta. Add butter and milk. Add this cheese sauce. Therefore, you will have a delicious dinner.

GOOD - Clean and Fresh : But VERY SALTY !

Posted by Reviewer2810329 on Oct 19, 2011

Wonderful and cheesy , very Organic pure taste ... BUT watch the salt !.( ALSO NOTE ; its not ONLY white cheddar in it unfortunately ... there are other 'fillers'also Skim Milk and extra Whey powder... I thought it was ONLY powder of White Cheddar )

OK, very salty

Posted by Reviewer2495873 on Jun 03, 2011

Glad that this is organic, but it's very salty. Taste is just OK.